I have a dual 1 ohm BL (.75dcr) with no options and need a amp for it. I will do the big 3 and have the stock 130a alternator and battery so it needs to be fairly efficienct. I may add a battery or two in the future but not immediately.

Right now im looking at a sundown 1500 (run at .375 ohms), gp3000d (rated 1500@2), crossfire vr2000d (.5 ohm stable, 2000 watts), and zx1500.1

If i did the crossfire i could add another battery right away because of the price.

I like the sundown just because its sexy and can tolerate low voltage, i like the gp3000d because it can do 3000@1 if i ever decide to upgrade (though i havent found out how efficient it is), the crossfire is just cheap, and the zx1500.1 is supposed to be really efficient.... i cant decide

What would you pick and why?

I'd either pick the Crunch because of how cheap it is and the ability to expand later, or the Kicker because its a solid amp for the price.

:eek5wavey: Hello jdawg90, I have 2 of the gp3000d-pros, I have 2 dual 1 ohm Q 15 subs on each amp, the amps get hot after playing for awhile but have never shut down, I dont know if that is because I dont have enough of an electrical system to handle 6k watts, I only have a 4 gauge wire running from the alt. to the second battery in the back (stinger sp1700). I can play it pretty loud at night and the lights wont dim untill I crank it almost wide open, thats with 6k watts ,second battery, 4 gauge wire, and the stock alternator on a PTcruiser. If you decide to get the gp3000d-pro I would hook up your BL as a 2ohm load, then you will get around 1500 watts and it wouldnt be such a heavy load on the amp, I dont know how the amp would handle a 1/2 ohm. Then later you can get another BL dual 1 ohm sub, the amp should be fine for 2 BLs. I have had my amps for 4 months now and have had no problems with them, besides getting hot. I really like these amps I dont know if they are better than the Sundown or Kicker amps, but for the price ( $ 450.00 online) these are a great deal...... thanks Brian

:eek5wavey: Hello jdawg90, I have 2 of the gp3000d-pros, I have 2 dual 1 ohm Q 15 subs on each amp, the amps get hot after playing for awhile but have never shut down, I dont know if that is because I dont have enough of an electrical system to handle 6k watts, I only have a 4 gauge wire running from the alt. to the second battery in the back (stinger sp1700). I can play it pretty loud at night and the lights wont dim untill I crank it almost wide open, thats with 6k watts ,second battery, 4 gauge wire, and the stock alternator on a PTcruiser. If you decide to get the gp3000d-pro I would hook up your BL as a 2ohm load, then you will get around 1500 watts and it wouldnt be such a heavy load on the amp, I dont know how the amp would handle a 1/2 ohm. Then later you can get another BL dual 1 ohm sub, the amp should be fine for 2 BLs. I have had my amps for 4 months now and have had no problems with them, besides getting hot. I really like these amps I dont know if they are better than the Sundown or Kicker amps, but for the price ( $ 450.00 online) these are a great deal...... thanks Brian

I'm sorry to say, but if your lights aren't dimming on a stock alt on a pt cruiser (which I would assume is less than 100 amps), even with a second battery, you aren't getting anywhere near 6000 watts out of those amps. If you were getting a true 6000 watts your lights should more or less shut off completely when the bass hit.

I'd get a 2000 watt @ 2 ohm amp. No need to run it at .5 ohms. That'll just hurt your electrical system even more.

I'm sorry to say, but if your lights aren't dimming on a stock alt on a pt cruiser (which I would assume is less than 100 amps), even with a second battery, you aren't getting anywhere near 6000 watts out of those amps. If you were getting a true 6000 watts your lights should more or less shut off completely when the bass hit.

I'd get a 2000 watt @ 2 ohm amp. No need to run it at .5 ohms. That'll just hurt your electrical system even more.

any suggestions for 2000@2 other than the kx/zx 2500?

the crossfire. I don't know where you got it to be .5 ohm stable, but all the info I've seen on it is that it's 1000x1 @ 4 ohms, 2000x1 @ 2 ohms.

the crossfire. I don't know where you got it to be .5 ohm stable, but all the info I've seen on it is that it's 1000x1 @ 4 ohms, 2000x1 @ 2 ohms.

my bad i meant lanzar opti 2000d

Anyways, im going to look at a zx1500.1 that is new on craigslist tomorrow... its 365obo and i think ill offer 320.

that guy's an idiot, the gp3000d-pro each requires a 300 amp fuse, so if the has two of them he would need 2) 300+ amp alternaters and about ten batts

that guy's an idiot, the gp3000d-pro each requires a 300 amp fuse, so if the has two of them he would need 2) 300+ amp alternaters and about ten batts

1) no, he wouldn't

2) STOP BRINGING UP OLD THREADS

your out of your mind sir...

edit:holly shit this is an old topic.. john hates it when ya do this...

i did the same thing as a noob.