Sign in to follow this  
tezin87

pioneer ts-c720prs

I was on ca.com and saw a set of these for sale and I want to get them. But one of the tweeters is blown. Can I order a new set of tweeters from madisound or somewhere and hook them up to the pioneers passive crossover? Or would it sound bad because the crossover isn't made for those tweeters? I can't go active with them because I only have a 2 channel Sundown but for the price the guys asking I wanted to give these a shot.

I went on their website and they are $100 and aren't availabe for 60 days it says. So I dont want to do that.

someone on caraudio.com said SEAS neos would work well. But I can't find them on madisound.

Nevermind I found them. I prefer a laid back tweeter that isn't harsh sounding. Should I go with aluminum or textile dome?

Textile is usually less harsh, but that's been countered before by some pretty good titaniums.

For this though, go with the textile.

Yeah that's what my instinct was. But do you think I'll get good results with this plan? Or should I scrap this idea and just hold on to the mids for an active install in the future (probably wont be for a long time)?

The Seas Neo's are sweet, in particular for a low cost small format tweet. The weakness of the 720 set IMO is the tweeter; however, that being said I really don't think that it will be a very effective swap to use the Neo with the 720 passive.

Well I don't know what to do then because I already paid the guy so I'm kind of stuck. Only one of the tweeters works and Pioneer doesn't have any in stock. Plus they're $100 bucks for one tweeter.

Well I just ordered the 1'' SEAS Prestige textile dome tweeters and the LPG flush mounts. Hopefully it will sound good together with the passive crossover, or else they'll be up for sale on here along with the component set.

Well I don't know what to do then because I already paid the guy so I'm kind of stuck. Only one of the tweeters works and Pioneer doesn't have any in stock. Plus they're $100 bucks for one tweeter.

Go active. That set really begs for it anyways.

I'm a broke college student right now and I've spent too much money already this summer. My student loans should be here around September so maybe I'll be able to sell the 100.2 and get a 100.4 and a 9887 by then.

I'd personally try and cancel the Seas order and back out of the Pio stuff, in particular if he told you the Neo's will work well with that passive.

:Doh:

Either way I'd see if you can stop the process. Running a mismatched set of drivers without adjusting the passive doesn't yield good results.