Sign in to follow this  
eclipsepb25

I need an expert's help with enclosures for SPL15 build

alrighhtttyy guys.... i got a tricky build that i need some help with. I'm putting two SPL-15s in the trunk of a 01 chrysler sebring sedan. The subs are going to front firing and im just going to keep the back seats down (when i put them up for people to sit in them i will just cut the subs off). The trunk is pretty flat and the box should be pretty easy to load in from the car with the seats folded down. I have L29 x W34 x H18 to work with, Im guessing both subs will be put in one chamber. Im open to either slot or tube ports, just need help coming up with a design. All of the parameters are here. I appreciate it alot and please help a fellow forumer out =]

With only 8.53407^3ft MAX.. I'll be the one to tell you that you don't have anywhere near enough space for 2 15's plus port.

With only 8.53407^3ft MAX.. I'll be the one to tell you that you don't have anywhere near enough space for 2 15's plus port.

not to mention you still need room for your batteries amps and all that stuff

im pretty sure i could "eek out" 7 and then have a port.... and i have the room for everything else, common guys please show some optimism!

allllright.... mods please delete this as i'm starting a new thread so it can have a relevant title

Ok, I'm no serious expert on SPL comps here, but given your box volume, I'd say use the full amount and run aero ports external to the box - fire them into the cabin - say three 4" per driver and tune it high, around 42-45Hz. Of course, this is dependent on what your car peaks at. Mount them bum out to show off them off...

That would scream.

Ok, I'm no serious expert on SPL comps here, but given your box volume, I'd say use the full amount and run aero ports external to the box - fire them into the cabin - say three 4" per driver and tune it high, around 42-45Hz. Of course, this is dependent on what your car peaks at. Mount them bum out to show off them off...

That would scream.

Yeah, that'd probably be the best option to get the most out of your trunk space.