Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

lets talk nightshade

im looking to talk to the guys that currently run nightshades.

questions for the guys with the stock sub (not been reconed yet)

1 how much power are you runing to them?

2 daily or burps

3 share with me how you like it,

questions for the guys with the upgreaded recone.

1 how much power are you running.

2. how do you like the stronger spider?

3 tell me how much more you love the sub after the recone.

the reason being, i want to run 2 nightshade 15's on a pair of straped saz 3000ds

i have never blown a sub runing daily, and i dont wanna start now!

or 1 saz at 16 volts.

i was thinking to run two BTLs. but i would really like to stay sundown ONLY>

2 daily or burps

I'm using a pair of stock NightShade dual 1ohm 15s. I tune it up to 45hz for competition and down to 33hz for daily pounding.

1. They are being powered by a pair of 1500s strapped at 1ohm (o.5ohm each).

2. It only gets played wide open during comps. For daily I keep it at a conservative volume level.

3. Well I've pretty much dominated all the competition around here in my class since I bought these subs so I have to say that I like them a lot.

My setup has done a best of 151.8db on a TL legal sealed mic on the windshield. Yes they're still stiff. Before these I ran three Fi Bl 18s powered by a pair of strapped 1500s. The Bls sounded better on music but were no where near as loud. Before that I ran four RF HX2 12s powered by a pair of RF T1ks. The NightShades walk all over those in every aspect. I also played around a little with a pair of TeamRF 12s. The NightShades play music wayyy better and have gotten louder with less power.

Get em!!!!! Two nightshade 12s on 2 stetsom 7kd, each getting 4000 watts after voltage drop, off of one nsb-g3100, 155 db without tuning. Still playing one daily on a SAZ3000D, receiving 1500 rms daily. Ya cant go wrong!!!

Ray

well i have two of the 12's .. stock not re coned yet.. i am running 2 1500s strapped at 1 ohm nominal.. i have extra batts and built up 140amp alt.. and yeah i think some of my recent threads speak for how much i like them "tearing my car appart" but yeah i even like the way they sound.. i am looking forward to reconing mine thoug and getting that longer coil especially since i am playing soo low.. 34hz and lower.

and what other subs have you ran

im looking to talk to the guys that currently run nightshades.

questions for the guys with the stock sub (not been reconed yet)

2 daily or burps

I will give a point of view from the low power end even though you are mainly asking about higher power range.

1. one saz1500 at 1/2 ohm

2. daily

3. Considering they are receiving about half their rms I am extremely impressed with their ability to get loud and sound good doing it. I hit a 145.9(dash sealed TL). Just giving my experience.

Sign in to follow this