kbkid

First System

Ok thats what I was figuring. I was just curious. So the Orion amp is probably my best bet. What about my comps... CDT ef61? Are they any good or should I get something better? I listen to a bunch of different music, everything from rap and hip-hop to country and classic rock.

What would you guys recommend for components? I have been told I need to change my components because they are not very good. What would you recommend? I want something that is going to be the best bang for my buck.

It looks like I will be getting a set of Rainbow comps now. Thanks guys. So will my system be pretty good?

The comps I am getting are Rainbow SLC series. Their suppose to be really nice, on Rainbow's website it says these comps are used in many SQ competions. So we will see how good they are, does the rest of my system seem alright?

I know not many SQ competitors use 15"s... :P I'm not a competitor. I just want my system to have loud and clear. So it's an overall pretty good system. Sounds good.

damn I would really liek to hear those rainbows

The entire system not including wiring and box supplies is going to cost $1560. I think that's pretty good. Everything is coming from an authorized dealer with manufactures' warranty, except for the headunit because I couldn't find it any cheaper that $330.

Is there anything else you guys think I should get to help this system out. Do you think I will need a new battery or anything right away?

Also, what all types of wiring am I going to need to hook all of this up? Where is the cheapest to buy the wire, fuse holders, distro blocks, etc...

4 gauge should be fine. Just go to wal mart and get their 4 gauge kit and a spool of wire for your components. The wal mart kit has a distro block and all of that stuff.

Another place to look is www.knukonceptz.com

Should I run 1/0 and then from the distro block run 4 gauge to the amp? How much of each wire do you think I will need. That question is more directed towards denim only because I know he has an Explorer like me. How much of each thing?

because your going to have to weave it down and around a few things, so I would get atleast 30' of power wire, because you can always cut it shorter but you cannot as easily make it longer, 30' is more than enough but it gives you leway as to where you want to run it

So about 30 feet of 1/0 gauge. How much speaker wire and stuff will I need? Would the 30 feet be enough to do the Big 3 Upgrade? Could someone give me a list or something of what I would need?