Darkhunter139

Sound Deadening suggestions 56k warning

Ok well I have a roll of rammat (60 sq feet) and want to do my trunk as well as the two front doors. I know I will have to use it sparingly so I wanted to get some suggestions on where in the trunk I should put it. Here are some pics of my trunk stripped down.

Also should I do where the spare tire goes or should I just put it around that?

Entire trunk:

2674767989_d06aa22898.jpg

Lid:

2674768637_f7f8857b74.jpg

Right side:

2675588694_07d6a317e7.jpg

Left side:

2675588046_241c69fbdd.jpg

Edited by darkhunter139

For the trunk, I would focus on getting one layer down on the lid and floor. Then start working on the walls and wheel wells.

What do you think? I am not quite done but im getting there.

Any places I should get better and should I do the sides?

2678855100_66d71b1fd4.jpg

2678037271_0827401909.jpg

2678036595_dc8ae77f75.jpg

And here is how much deadener I have left. Maybe I will have enough for the doors....or at least one of them.

2678854372_0454686a12.jpg

should have enough for the front doors.....I would recommend getting some ensolite also.... definitely worth it

should have enough for the front doors.....I would recommend getting some ensolite also.... definitely worth it

Its not that expensive so I might. Is that sutff just for looks or does it help deaden the car?

Its not that expensive so I might. Is that sutff just for looks or does it help deaden the car?

I would possibly put some on the wheel wells.

forget the wheel wells, don't have enough for that...focus on larger flat surfaces....and the ensolite will help alot with some certain freq

What do you think? I am not quite done but im getting there.

Any places I should get better and should I do the sides?

2678855100_66d71b1fd4.jpg

2678037271_0827401909.jpg

2678036595_dc8ae77f75.jpg

And here is how much deadener I have left. Maybe I will have enough for the doors....or at least one of them.

2678854372_0454686a12.jpg

You REALLY need to seal those rear fill speakers off. 1 roll of BXT was enough to do my trunk and doors in an Accord.

It's really stuff that there BXT is I tell ya!

yeah, unless you are running infinite baffle, you can just remove the speakers and leave the covers there

Im getting rid of the rear speakers

What should I do with the holes just leave the covers over them?

looks nice, did you use any expanding foam on the trrunk lid? i used it on mine and it helped a bunch and its cheap. also don't worry so much about the fender wells just worry about areas that have flat surfaces, i've noticed that those areas useally vibrate more. looks really nice, don't forget to ost pics of the doors also.

looks nice, did you use any expanding foam on the trrunk lid? i used it on mine and it helped a bunch and its cheap. also don't worry so much about the fender wells just worry about areas that have flat surfaces, i've noticed that those areas useally vibrate more. looks really nice, don't forget to ost pics of the doors also.

Well I did the wheel wells to lessen road noise, but in your case I guess it doesn't matter.

I think ill get some for the holes that dont have electrical in it. Is it possible to get out if I had to?