Sign in to follow this  
J-Hop2o6

FI n00b here.. I have questions

Hi all.. im new @ the FI forums and need some help..

Ok, so i MOSTLY listen to Rap & RnB.. I was thinkin about getting [ONE] Q series 12inch (I drive a 05 Nissan Altima, so limited on space in the back of the trunk) w/ BP power and 1 Ohm..

Ok so my question is do/can FIcaraudio put them in enclosures (Ported)? and is this a good amp to power it? ---> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12210_...+BXi+1208D.html

Also, how good are 12inch Q's w/ Rap & RnB? also.. what is BP Power??

thx 4 the help

Edited by J-Hop2o6

If thats all you can afford go with the hifonics. For a little bit more you can find some real solid amps though.

If thats all you can afford go with the hifonics. For a little bit more you can find some real solid amps though.

I can did deeper in my wallet (i just hate having to).. who/what would u recommend?

IF you were going to buy a hifonics amp... you would want to look at high output ones........... thay are underrated...

so if your looking at that amp to give you 1200 watts... keep looking,. IMO

if you wanted a better amp...

sundown is allways a great option..

kicker. zx

there are plenty more..

I doubt they would put them in a box for you and ship it out....

I do not have any personal experience with the Q but I don't think i have heard one thing bad about them what so ever.

As far as the amp goes... from being on these forums and what not hifonics is a brand to steer clear from because they don't put out as much power as they say they do.

I (as alot of people here) would probably recomend the sundown saz-1500D

Edited by LilBlacky

I doubt they would put them in a box for you and ship it out....

I do not have any personal experience with the Q but I don't think i have heard one thing bad about them what so ever.

As far as the amp goes... from being on these forums and what not hifonics is a brand to steer clear from because they don't put out as much power as they say they do.

ok thx.. and any suggestions on amps??

look at the sundown amps on the site here like a saz-1500D or even the 1000D

As far as the amp goes... from being on these forums and what not hifonics is a brand to steer clear from because they don't put out as much power as they say they do. quote

there are many reasons to stay away from hifonics....... but if your trying to get the claimed power from one then you will be sad.

As far as the amp goes... from being on these forums and what not hifonics is a brand to steer clear from because they don't put out as much power as they say they do. quote

there are many reasons to stay away from hifonics....... but if your trying to get the claimed power from one then you will be sad.

yea dont they overheat alot? not sure about the other problems... you should inform us =) also have you heard of power acoustiks bigjon? i was originally going to buy one of their amps before i bought my kicker 2500zx

look at the sundown amps on the site here like a saz-1500D or even the 1000D

3 votes for sundown :neil: imma check them out..

Since im getting ONE 12 Q (1 ohm w/ BP Power),, exactly which amp (Sundown) should I get?

the 1000D fits it perfectly

but since you are adding the bp power the 1500 wouldnt be bad either just a matter of how much power you wanna put through it

Edited by LilBlacky

but since you are adding the bp power the 1500 wouldnt be bad either just a matter of how much power you wanna put through it

:hmm: thX.. ok one more question.. where can i get enclosures (built for me) @

If this is for SPL, maybe you should check out a BL instead. But if you really are looking for great SQ, and as you claim are a nub, go for the 1000 from sundown.

The SAZ1500 is a crap ton of power. I'm going to be running one on my Q myself, but I'm going sealed and never plan to crank it up to the top.

:hmm: thX.. ok one more question.. where can i get enclosures (built for me) @

there are 2 guys with threads here at SSA ready to help you out I am sure.

Well there's 2 options for you...

1. You can go to the Fisher Customs or Pound that Sound part of the forum and request one from those guys...

2. Build your own... Theres alot of information on here about building your own and you can research it a bit and try it out

I strongly recomend not buying one off of the shelf at a store as it can damage the sub due to improper tuning and or volume and what not..

If this is for SPL, maybe you should check out a BL instead. But if you really are looking for great SQ, and as you claim are a nub, go for the 1000 from sundown.

The SAZ1500 is a crap ton of power. I'm going to be running one on my Q myself, but I'm going sealed and never plan to crank it up to the top.

x2 on it all.

power acoustiks < kicker amp that you have.

x2 on it all.

If you're still looking for an amp, I just took a Kicker KX1200.1 out of my sons van yesterday. I haven't put it in the For Sale section yet. It's birthsheet states it puts out 1460 watts @ 1 Ohm and works perfectly. It was driving 2 12" AA Arsenals. I haven't taken pics yet but was going to when I get back from vacation. I'll be asking 300.00 plus shipping.

Carl

x2 on it all.

If you're still looking for an amp, I just took a Kicker KX1200.1 out of my sons van yesterday. I haven't put it in the For Sale section yet. It's birthsheet states it puts out 1460 watts @ 1 Ohm and works perfectly. It was driving 2 12" AA Arsenals. I haven't taken pics yet but was going to when I get back from vacation. I'll be asking 300.00 plus shipping.

Carl

thats gonna be one pissed off son!

thX 4 all the help guys.. and another question.. since im upgrading my system to 1000-1500W,, do i need a new alternator?

i drive a 05 Nissan Altima (im pretty sure its a factory alt) and if i do need to upgrade,, where do i get an better one and what are some estimates?

(My girl took the pic and its really 8.44 PM lol)

l_9c4dd72d1a401ca1ddb00ac72fa30ffe.jpg

also.. does anyone else have the same Generation of Altima as me?? i have a question about the license plate border.

Edited by J-Hop2o6

1500d= new batt up front and big three.. with a run of 0 gauge to the rear.

sae 1000= big three and 0 gauge run. you will be fine.

i have a friend at the navy base up there... nice county in the northwest

Big three?? and what's a good battery?? i heard Yellow or Red Tops are good

and yea, its nice over hear..... when the weather is good :angry2:

Edited by J-Hop2o6

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...mp;hl=big+three <~~~ big three

powermaster,kinetic , red yellow tops..

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...mp;hl=big+three <~~~ big three

powermaster,kinetic , red yellow tops..

Red Yellow Tops is one word right?

and can u either sum up the Big 3 for me or do u got any pics cuHz SSA wont let me view them

Sign in to follow this