Sign in to follow this  
rasta4life

To US Amps fans and the MD3d user

To anybody that uses the Merlins.I am upgrading my electrical to meet the demands of all my amps( 5 Amplifiers) Three amps are the PhoenixGold Ti Series (2 600's Ti and 1 400 Ti) Two US Amps MD3D 07 Models.I can not give you the exact wattage but both amps and subs are connected at three ohm on a JL Audio 13w7.

All the amps that I have are unregulated power supply and need alot of juice including the two merlins md3d amps. On the merlins the amp load is 480 in my car adding another 220 plus that is a total of 660 .I had one high output at 220 240 maybe hot.That was not enough so I am adding two more alternators that put out at least 400 to 440 amps.Beside some for the car most of the amperage should be going to the radio.I have two kinetik batteries in the back.The batteries are small because no room(one 800,one 600 and one 800 in the front car)Spending alot of money on this project so to anybody that owns the merlins I hope I am doing it right and giving my amps as much love of juice as I can.

:dj::dance::slayer:

:drink40::shrug: Nobody has a 07 model with this amp and has anybody upgraded their alternator or batteries to get the full potental of this amp :bull:fing05.gif:eek5wavey::69:

Finally have my alternators which is a total of three and man what a difference having a total of 660 amps for my setup is great the md3d sound great to the W7's,the voltage stay around 14.0 to 13.5 or higher no matter what I give it. The W7 are sounding better and better and the MD3Ds loves the amperage.Also I finally saw a triple xxx sub(12 in) and man if I only new would of gotten that sub instead.( 15 in of course)The w7 is still a no joke subwoofer and I love it. :):):):dancing::foshizzle:

Edited by rasta4life

Finally have my alternators which is a total of three and man what a difference having a total of 660 amps for my setup is great the md3d sound great to the W7's,the voltage stay around 14.0 to 13.5 or higher no matter what I give it. The W7 are sounding better and better and the MD3Ds loves the amperage.Also I finally saw a triple xxx sub(12 in) and man if I only new would of gotten that sub instead.( 15 in of course)The w7 is still a no joke subwoofer and I love it. :):):):dancing::foshizzle:

Have any videos?