i want to get 2 fi bl 18s, but im not sure whether to get them in dual1 or dual2. i want to get a hifonics bxi2608d amp. im confused with the whole ohms thing.

i want to get 2 fi bl 18s, but im not sure whether to get them in dual1 or dual2. i want to get a hifonics bxi2608d amp. im confused with the whole ohms thing.

you would get two dual 1 ohm subs to be at 1 ohm at the amp..... we talk more about how to wire them after you get them....

also IMO. you would be better off shopping more for an amp...

lemme ask you what about this amp cought your eye.

and why did you post in sundown topics?

i dont have enough money for a sundown amp, and i figured hifonics was an ok amp. i posted in a sundown topic on accident. i dont really know were to go to post a new topic. lol. if the hifonics amp is bad, is there any other option you could reccomend that is not too expensive?

i dont have enough money for a sundown amp, and i figured hifonics was an ok amp. i posted in a sundown topic on accident. i dont really know were to go to post a new topic. lol. if the hifonics amp is bad, is there any other option you could reccomend that is not too expensive?

well bad... and not the greatest come into play, if you expect 2600 watts from that amp at 12 volt you will be sad, if you plan to own that amp for years to come you may also be sad.

what is your budget. for your amp.

and what kinda goals do you have.. i see you picked two bl 18's so im sure you wanna move some air right... thats why you didnt pick another line of subs say somthing more main stream.

What is the final load you would like to achieve? If you plan on running that amp at 1 ohm you will need dual 1 ohm subs. I would recommend Sundown amps over Hifonics. They are not even close to what they use to be. Not a whole lot of good comes from Maxxsonics.

Email jacob at sundown and see what prices he could give you on two 1500's I got a pretty good deal. Unless your picky you could get nice used ones. I got one there is not even a scratch on it, its great.

Sundownz@sundownaudio.com

thanks for the help. i was also wondering if 2 saz1000's would sound ok the bl's. if not would the q's sound better on the 1000's?

thanks for the help. i was also wondering if 2 saz1000's would sound ok the bl's. if not would the q's sound better on the 1000's?

you can run two sa 1000's but i would rather run a saz 3000d... or better yet... buy one saz 1500d now... then later when you have more money buy another saz 1500d...

what are you running these 18's in anyhow?

i know a guy who owns a car audio store. he will make me a box. is there anything i should know like were the port shoul be or anything like that?

With that much power (2000+ watts?) you would most definitely have to upgrade your electrical. Not to mention a high output alternator with maybe 2+ batteries, and sound deadening so your car isn't a rattle box on wheels.

I would rearrange your budget because $600 dollars will maybe skinny you past an amp and sub. Double that and maybe the alternator and the batteries. And add a couple hundred more for sound deadening and all of the 0/1 awg wiring youll be using.

This kind of planning isnt as short as "Gimme the biggest amp with the biggest sub and off I go.."

You'll definately need a HO Alternator. You cannot just start adding batteries without uprgrading the charging system. Batteries are a constant draw on an alternator. My advice to anyone that does not want to upgrade their electrical and charging system is to run Sundown SAE 1000D's.