Sign in to follow this  
Dave Brooks

Brooksies L8's in the doors

Here ya go fellas... picking up where we left off on our threadjack :neil:

DSC00322.jpg

Triple titanium reinforced heavy duty hinges you got there??? fing05.gif

Mind telling us how you have those all wired up? And you say on 1k on each driver or per door?

Tell you what, the doors are definitely heavy. I don't know how long the hinges will last, but I'm fixin' to find out. The cool thing is though, you guys benefit! I like to post the lessons I learn from the school of hard knocks, so if the hinges blow out in less than a year... I'll let you know, and then I'll tell you how I fixed the situation as well, if it occurs.

Thankfully, the F-250 hinges are pretty heavy-duty to begin with.

As for wiring. The top speaker is wired alone like a normal setup (it's my SQ speaker). He'll get a single channel on the Genesis dual-mono extreme.

The bottom four are wired in pairs. Each pair will get a bridged Genesis dual mono extreme.

gotta run out to the shop now... this is the weekend for music in the rig... gotta stay focused!

I approve! :drink40: Nice doors -- those bushings on your door are gonna be cracking in the next few days I bet :P

Edited by Big E

thanks fellas!

I think I'm on for Elite...

The driver side door is the one I'm most worried about. It's the one that gets opened and closed the most. BUT! Don't underestimate the F-250 door hinges. That picture was taken several months ago... so far so good. Mwahahaaaa! :drink40:

thanks fellas!

I think I'm on for Elite...

The driver side door is the one I'm most worried about. It's the one that gets opened and closed the most. BUT! Don't underestimate the F-250 door hinges. That picture was taken several months ago... so far so good. Mwahahaaaa! :drink40:

cool. see ya in a couple of weeks :eek5wavey:

oh goodie....I get to meet Scott B. and Dave Brooks in the same weekend.....SWEET.........Dave, I would like you to listen to the Camry also!

For some reason, I thought we met at Deep South Nationals last year Dave... LOL Dayum I'm gettin' old. Can't keep track of names anymore! <reaches for Geritol/Ginkgo Biloba cocktail>

heh, I'm kinda partial to Toyotas... I'd love to listen!

Oh, I gotta "warn" you guys though. Most of the time at the comps, I'm pretty intensely focused on my rig. I tune out the entire world when I'm like that, so you gotta know how to crack the code. My Wife tells me its both a gift and a curse. A gift, because I can tune everything out and focus without getting distracted... a curse because she says I appear unapproachable when I'm "in the zone".

Here's how you crack the code:

Call me "Brooksie" on approach and smile like we've known each other all our lives.

I don't know why, but it works every time. Except with my Wife... she's got a different way of cracking the code... has to do with exposed flesh and the like... you guys pull that stunt and you'll probably get EVERYONEs attention! LOL

Any code cracking I need to know about you guys when I come looking for you?

Edited by Dave Brooks

no code cracking here. dave edwards and i are easy going so if we don't find you first, come on over to team ssa and say hello. i look like ice cube and dave looks like tony soprano. we promise not to shoot you(unless you beat me) lol

yep....when you come up to me you gotta dance like you are on a pole, if I give you a dollar, you are in.....jk....just come up to me and start talking, I might look mean but by the time I am at a show the car is tuned and ready for demos and the judges, I try not to make any changes but I do listen to all the feedback I get...i do wear the same boxers to every show though, kinda superstious(sp) I guess.....I will be bringing some chairs so I can sit my fat ass down after I go and listen to soe of the other cars.....I am getting gitty about going to elite this year.....What is top 30 anyway? What is the judges critria? anything differant than a 2x show?

PS---Brooksie, I want to thank you for reppin the fellow bald head guys in SQ

Heh, you want a 44 year old bald guy pole dancer? Dood... you got serious issues! I ain't "crackin" that code!! LOL

Yeah Elite is wicked cool Bro. It deserves giddiness. I'm nervous as heck...

IASCA - just like normal

MECA - just like normal

Top 30? All bets are off man. The judges run what they want and I think it's awesome, awesom, awesome. I don't think they pull out all the stops and play any brutal music, but nonetheless you don't know what they are going to play so you just gotta go with the tune you brought and hope it plays any genre well.

Truth be told, top 30 style judging was my weakest link last year. I ran my infinite baffle IDQ 12's with no crossover on the low end and when the top 30 judges had freedom with the volume knob, the subs bottomed out on the super low notes. Totally my bad for not anticipating the tune properly. I knew the IDQ's weren't designed for true infinite baffle and normally ran them with the bottom end tempered so they wouldn't bottom out. For that show though, I had them bumped so they complemented the L8 on that super low note on the IASCA track. The combo sounded fantastic in the controlled environment of the SQ lanes, but definitely suffered on anything else.

Ain't happenin' this year though... I learn from my mistakes! Something else may be off, but it won't be in the sub department. :neil:

I know you can play alot of music in the Camry at full blast and still talk over it......114dB at full boogie..YEAH BABY!!!

As for the pole dancing, I was just kidding, I don't want anyone to take my weekend job from me...teehee

When the dust clears, let's see some pics guys! And good luck to you all.

come on down sick. we are going to have some fun :)

no code cracking here. dave edwards and i are easy going so if we don't find you first, come on over to team ssa and say hello. i look like ice cube and dave looks like tony soprano. we promise not to shoot you(unless you beat me) lol

yeah let me translate that ................:D

Webstar = Cleveland "OOOhhhhhhhhhhh Peter" ........yeah that cleveland lol

Dave = angry looking bald Irish man :D

Both will be clad in powder blue Team SSA shirts.

Code cracking?? Just make sure any hair extensions ( pink or otherwise) are put in before you get to the show and all is good lol :)

Yeah forgot about that ..............I tried to block those visions from my memory. Thanks Dave :(