turtles1118

port to the trunk or cab

A buddy of mine came to me the other day with 2 15s and wanted me to make a box that would fit in a 1999 Buick Park Ave. With a Height of only 14 inches its gowning to be a Wedge Enclosure. My ? is should i port the box in the front or in the back? The back seats do not fold down but in between the seats the arm rest folds down and gives a quick access hole that is 8 1/2 x 7 1/2 to the trunk. I was thinking of putting the port right there but im not shore.

pic of trunk access hole

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_image...9377_5_full.jpg

:blink:

the loudest trunk car i ever built was a pair of s10xes and a ma audio hk4000d. subs and ports were side fired, one each to each side, of the trunk rear corners. in a 99 maxima. damn thing was stupid loud, no other trunk car we did compared.

dunno if you can wedge the 15s to fire that way, but it's worth looking into. the final answer is each car is different, but most trunks seem to sound louder when the port is fired rearward.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Thats kinda what i thought but this is the 3 Wedge Enclosure ive ever made and they were all sealed be for.

if this is just a street beater, do whatever is easiest. a pair of 15s ported in a car should rattle everything, and one isn't going to notice a sound difference in which direction it's ported.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Ya i know but just trying to make this sound good. This is the first ported Wedge Enclosure ive ever made so i bont know what to expect out of it