Sign in to follow this  
Travo-18

sundown 3000 at .5 ohm?

I would like to know exactly what it takes on voltage wise and battery wise to run my 3000ds at .5ohm daily to my 2 15" BTL's. Or what would be the best way for me to go to get excellent power from them 3000's. Any input would be great, strapping or wiring to .5ohm since when you factor in imp rise and all that.

Thanks everyone

i would run at 1 ohm and upgrade electrical to supply 16 volts.

that way you maintain warranty.

I already have my 15's but they are sold and Im fixing to buy a new pair, but before I do I need to make sure what the best route to go is so I can order the correct coil figuration from Scott. So I take it running each one at 1ohm to each 15" would be better than strapping the 2 for the pair?

individual or strapped is fine as long as each amp does not see under 1 ohm.

also, running at .5 ohm, vs. 1... while gaining power, increases distortion...

for a daily street beater, there is no reason to run under 1 ohm, gains will be in insignificant to the ear.

go 16v before running low. also having a larger battery bank will help fight voltage drop.

Well thanks for the info! I already have what I think should be a sufficient battery bank. 1( soon to be 2) Deka intimidator 9A31's up front with 2 300amp alts and 6 Deka 9A31's in the rear. So I thinl i will just run each amp on each sub at 1ohm.

Sign in to follow this