Sign in to follow this  
bland

Random ???

I don't want to put spl10 in the title and get peoples hopes up.

Is there a possibility of a spl10 coming out? If not is the motor to big to be convenient to make a custom one? (motor larger than sub would be)

I'd like to know along similar lines, expect the possibility of an SPL18 :P

I'd like to know along similar lines, expect the possibility of an SPL18 :P

i highly doubt production on an 18" spl will happen. hardly any of the current sizes sell. how can you expect him to offer more? and the 10 wouldnt be a good idea, and mark has told me that that will NOT happen. Not to burst any bubble, or crush any dreams, but instead of buying an spl 12/15 and ripping it apart just to use the motor.. look into any of the several good current 10" drivers out there. unless you can pick up a damaged unit cheap. even then, an spl 10 is a very poor idea, imo

Edited by visitor

Doubt the SPL 18" would happen too, but it all comes down to choice. In Canada/US you guys are spoilt for it, and your drivers are cheap. Here in Aus, the IXL.18" seems to be slowly picking up, because as far as 18's go, all we have is DD 9518's, Atomic APXX, and the IXL.18. The first two drivers cost almost 8x what the IXL does. An SPL 18 at, say, 1/3rd the price would do well if the brand was out there more, doing numbers in both our countries.

Doubt the SPL 18" would happen too, but it all comes down to choice. In Canada/US you guys are spoilt for it, and your drivers are cheap. Here in Aus, the IXL.18" seems to be slowly picking up, because as far as 18's go, all we have is DD 9518's, Atomic APXX, and the IXL.18. The first two drivers cost almost 8x what the IXL does. An SPL 18 at, say, 1/3rd the price would do well if the brand was out there more, doing numbers in both our countries.

Choice? You dont read to well, do you? The spl units do not exactly fly off the shelf (which baffles me, as they are an amazing driver!) This is NOT

Marks main business, really more a nice side hobby. I cannot imagine that he wants to pay for another run of 30-50 drivers in "hopes" that they sell....if you really have to havfe an 18" spl, buy one, and get it reconed somewhere in aus.. that really is your best bet (or im sure even fi could send you a recone.. or i bet Mark would not be against sending it directly to fi for you!

I read perfectly fine thanks, mate. I understand this is not Marks sole business, and i have no hopes of seeing such a driver being made... but i thought while we were throwing wish lists into the ring, i'd throw one in too, and something to suggest it might have an outside chance of working.

Choice fits this topic quite well, the spl units dont fly off the shelf because theres dozens of other companies out there making good 12 & 15" drivers too, most if not all more advertised, available and talked about than these.

The lack of choice when it comes to 18's in Aus seems to be working well for Mark, i can see the first shipment of IXL.18's is almost gone, and at least four of those can be accounted for from my own word of mouth.

Thanks for the input guys. I very much appreciate your support in Oz Rad, and look forward to expanding things there further in the future.

The Oz distributor has a number of SPL-15's, so we'll see what happens there. I understand shipping costs are just as bad there as they are here. That makes a lot of folks hesitate when purchasing stuff like this I'm sure.

Best,

Mark