Sign in to follow this  
meccalli

polk monitor series....floorstanders and centre....any good?

"plasma-friendly speakers"

WTF is a plasma friendly speaker? Good lord......reminds me of the "digital ready" trip they used to blather about when CD players first came out......

If I would guess I'd say it's just a fancy way of saying they're shielded.

I thought magnetic fields don't really affect plasmas or LCD's. Just CRT's.

Am I wrong?

well..im looking to accomplish the best audiophile experience for around 800 -900 bucks...excluding amps/receiver/subwoofer

theres a budget for cable.......

im only 16..and ive saved and bought all my audio equipment thus far...will continue to do so.

"plasma-friendly speakers"

WTF is a plasma friendly speaker? Good lord......reminds me of the "digital ready" trip they used to blather about when CD players first came out......

If I would guess I'd say it's just a fancy way of saying they're shielded.

I thought magnetic fields don't really affect plasmas or LCD's. Just CRT's.

Am I wrong?

Good question to me....

Anyone willing to run a magnet across one's plasma or LCD to find out?

well..im looking to accomplish the best audiophile experience for around 800 -900 bucks...excluding amps/receiver/subwoofer

theres a budget for cable.......

im only 16..and ive saved and bought all my audio equipment thus far...will continue to do so.

im not knockin your effort, you're going to have to be realistic with your budget, i would reccomend piecing your system bit by bit, it will help you choose each item with more scrutiny and you wont end up with useless equipment if you choose each piece individually. you may not end up with the "audiophile experience" but if it sounds good to you that's what matters. if you're looking for a cheap receiver, let me get ya started with a suggestion:

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=34561...ci_sku=34561623

the avr-687 doesn't have hdmi switching or a lot of power but it's $130, it has two opticals and a coax or two, it can also decode dts and dolby digital, and should be able to power any front/center/surround setup in your pricerange. hope that's more helpful than my snyde comments :)

keep lookin theres always good deals out there ;)