Dee

Need Advice on Alternators..

I have a Hyundai XG-300 (ya i know they are not that common) and I'm looking to do the big 3 upgrade with 1/0awg but before i do i want get get a new alternator rather than the stock one that i have(120 amps) Only problem is that i cant find an alternator made for my car that does any thing over stock and i need at least another 80 amps at the minimum..basically im trying to power a btl 15 or grab a re audio xxx 15..pretty much i need to get 2000w + rms out of my charging system.(i am aware of the extra batteries needed)...

my question is would any H.O. alt. i find work fine with my car or should i just buy a new stock alt. and get it rewound and altered to put out more power..thanks in advance :lol:

www.excessiveamperage.com

he couldn't help me with my situation..i would just go to a car shop around here but i am in alaska and there not much up here

he couldn't help me with my situation..i would just go to a car shop around here but i am in alaska and there not much up here

Did you try Powermaster? Iraggi? Ohio Generators?

yea..would any universal alt work or would tthe bolt patterns make a huge difference

yea..would any universal alt work or would tthe bolt patterns make a huge difference

I'm not sure, I'm not the foremost expert on alternators, and I have no idea whatever that car is, never heard of it. :D

www.mechman.com he did mine and i own an 04 hyundai sonata... probably the same alternator im guessing. I got a 250 amp alternator