Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

components sets

I have already been doing some research, but am still fairly lost. I am going with a passive setup and will be using quite a few component sets and am still unsure who is really good and such. I am looking at about $300 a set roughly. As it stands now I am kinda lookin at the one of the Rockford Fosgate power comp sets to use, but I am still really unsure. Some insight would be great.

May I ask why you require so many?

Other than the sheer look of multiple sets, I will be running 3 15" BTLs and need a little "umph" to keep up with all the bass.

Ok, I will give the XXX a good thought...I fig for the price of those though I could probably pick up some nice focal's even.

Those XXX's are 2-ohm speakers, and should slam to keep up with your subs. I only like K2P's with TN52 and up from Focal.

the xxx sucks, i'm sorry but i have them and the tweeter kills them. nice midbass driver but suckey tweeter, i thought maybe going active with them would help but it didnt. i am powering them with 2 sax100.2 . so if u go with the xxx i suggest go active and get a different tweeter. and this is coming from an spl stand point though. and a sq person told me he liked the tweeter but for my taste i dont like it.

Thanks SouthPole, I get a chance to hear them in a little SPL car tomorrow so I will know what they sound like and will go from there. The guy who owns the car actually said the same thing to me last night and that he is planning on switching them out soon.

the xxx sucks, i'm sorry but i have them and the tweeter kills them. nice midbass driver but suckey tweeter, i thought maybe going active with them would help but it didnt. i am powering them with 2 sax100.2 . so if u go with the xxx i suggest go active and get a different tweeter. and this is coming from an spl stand point though. and a sq person told me he liked the tweeter but for my taste i dont like it.

That's good to know. Do you have the newest version with neo magnets on mids, or the older xbl2 tech stuff?