Sign in to follow this  
spl_explorer

Plz help Team Sundown

Ok so I got everything hooked up last night ( 2 3000Ds on 2 Nightshade 18”s) and it

Edited by spl explorer

What is you SF set on? When playing music I have seen 1500D's go in protect with it set wide open.

Edited by rickyharrisjr

What freq. are you burping at? What ohm are you wired to?

When using test tones I have best results turning my LP up to around 80 and SF all the way up. Just remember to turn them back when playing music.

Im not burpin at all. Just playen music...

What is the box tuned to? If you are tuned in the 40s and playing stuff in the 30s, then the box can unload.

Box is tuned at 34Hz...

The subs play in sink with each other but when the woofers start getting allot of excursion on a low note (enough excursion to get me nervous) the slave goes into protect

When using test tones I have best results turning my LP up to around 80 and SF all the way up. Just remember to turn them back when playing music.

Yeah I miss read. Reading greater than me. :neil: I had already edited.

What RCAs are you using to link the amps?

They were PHOENIX GOLD 2.2 foot male to male stereo coaxle from a local store...

Yeah I miss read. Reading greater than me. :neil: I had already edited.

HAHA. The SF is quarter way

you might try going to walmart and getting the cheapest set they sell there preferably the clear ones

Ok, here is the differences in the amps. All power and ground are kicker hyperflex 1/0 except the ground for the slave amp is Stinger Expert cable.

All the positive and negative wires from the amps to the subs are nice Thusani 8 awg wire but the negative on the slave amp is kinda crappy, off brand 8awg wire but is only about 2 feet long so I didn

you might try going to walmart and getting the cheapest set they sell there preferably the clear ones

RCAs? I have a crap load of car audio RCAs lying around. I went out and bought those so it was a single male to male connection. All the ones I have are 2ch. But ill go switch the RCAs real quick and see if it makes a difference.

Yah, try RCAs first.

Also - where are you measuring 100 volts ? Loaded or unload ?

What do you mean "loaded or unloaded"

I set my deck eqs to flat and all settings on the master amp to 0. Threw in a CD from Team Toxic Bass (the track for amplifier gain matching). Then I turned the deck up to about 75% and turned the gain up till I hit like 102 volts. It was about a half turn on the gain to get 102 volts.

I mean - are the subs connected when you are measuring the voltage.

Also, where are you measuring the voltage ? You should be measuring from Master + to Slave + so it is across the pair.

PS: Is your strapping RCA a "nice" RCA cable ? If so, get a really really cheap cable... cheapest you can find, and try that.

also, the last second b4 the slave goes into protect it sounds as if the subs are starting to tap out...

Maybe you are pushing them to the limit in your enclosure ? You do have a bunch of power on tap. Box specs ?

I mean - are the subs connected when you are measuring the voltage.

Also, where are you measuring the voltage ? You should be measuring from Master + to Slave + so it is across the pair.

PS: Is your strapping RCA a "nice" RCA cable ? If so, get a really really cheap cable... cheapest you can find, and try that.

I was measuring the voltage from master positive to slave positive without the subs connected. The amps negatives were connected though.

Ill look to see if I still have my old RCAs from Wal-Mart from back in the day.

also, the last second b4 the slave goes into protect it sounds as if the subs are starting to tap out...

Maybe you are pushing them to the limit in your enclosure ? You do have a bunch of power on tap. Box specs ?

Box specs are dual chaber, just under 5 cubes each. 4 6" areo ports and tuined at 34Hz

l_0b22d9c2a0e8cd48f874826a4b55977c.jpg

If the wal-mart cable doesn't take care of it keep reading.

Do you have an AC current clamp as well ? Then we can measure actual power with subs connected. May simply be driving the amps to the limit before protection at a certain frequency.

Also, where is your battery voltage at when protection kicks in ?

Indeed - you are going to be tapping on the physical limits of the suspension in 5 cubes with a 3000D on each :)

May be as simple as needing to slightly back off the gains and slightly raise the SSF.

If the wal-mart cable doesn't take care of it keep reading.

Do you have an AC current clamp as well ? Then we can measure actual power with subs connected. May simply be driving the amps to the limit before protection at a certain frequency.

Also, where is your battery voltage at when protection kicks in ?

Still haven

Sign in to follow this