stovebolt6

voice coils needed

i am trying to find a couple of voice coils that will fit my needs.

either dual4 or daul2 ohms.

3 inch of course.

and it needs to be able to soak up about 2000rms

it is for a custom 3hp that has an extra half inch of magnet, and a gap that is machined a little larger than normal

the sub is being built for daily use, i am trying to make it a low end beast, and 2000rms will be it's limit, because of the suspension i am using will only handle around 2000rms.

i have the measurements in case that helps.

top plate to bottoming out is 4.166"

outer diameter of gap is 3.455"

inner diameter of gap is 2.934"

if you can help me i need two of them. the goal is to have 4 inches peak to peak. the frame, and spacer pack i have will allow this i just need the coils to go with this.

i am looking for as long of a coil that will take full advantage of the available room, for the most amount of peak to peak movement.

the last coil i used with one of these motors had a winding length of 2.75" and it was a little on the short side to take full advantage of the motors clearance.

I don't have anything that long - you will probably need a custom wind for that much length.

I don't have anything that long - you will probably need a custom wind for that much length.

oh well, thank you for the quick response

No problem :)

If you can get a hold of Thilo he may have something laying around.

i would if i knew how lol

thilostompler@tcsounds.com or thilostompler@audiopulse.com either of these should work.