mBone 20

Running 2 amps to 1 sub?

I was wondering if I could run 2 1,000 watt amps to 1 btl 15 Is that possible?

Are they strapable?

I was wondering if I could run 2 1,000 watt amps to 1 btl 15 Is that possible?

Are they strapable?

Eclipse XA 1000, I need to buy another amp.

No you cant strap those together.

whether they are strappable are not.

the answer is yes, but the catch.

if they are not strappable each amp needs to run one coil, and the problem with that is they need to be gain matched as close to perfect as possible.

and if it is not close enough to perfect you will ruin the sub. it is for this reason it is not recommended. and even if you use a o-scope to get them perfect each amp will not put out exactly the same amount as one another so the sub may not perform optimally.

if they ar strappable then it just makes it easier.

if they are not strappable each amp needs to run one coil, and the problem with that is they need to be gain matched as close to perfect as possible.

and if it is not close enough to perfect you will ruin the sub. it is for this reason it is not recommended. and even if you use a o-scope to get them perfect each amp will not put out exactly the same amount as one another so the sub may not perform optimally.

Thats why I said not to do it, he is asking us if he can run 2 of them to 1 sub, that means he had NO IDEA what hes doing.

Thats why I said not to do it, he is asking us if he can run 2 of them to 1 sub, that means he had NO IDEA what hes doing.

i just wanted to be fully truthful to him if he burns his ish up then its on him.

but to get this out there i have a o-scope and still would not do so. i would buy a new amp first.

even if you could with those amps I wouldn't go with a BTL maybe a BL. the Eclipse XA 1000 puts out 480 @ 2ohms

I didn't do it haha, yes I am a NOOB when it comes to car audio.

So I'm only putting out 480 to my 2 12's or 480 a piece..

All depends on how they are wired. 2)4ohm single voice coil subs wired in parallel then to your amp presents a 2ohm load to your amp. then they are sharing the 480 watts or 240 per sub.