bristabrock

i have a problem

Ok, when I bought my speaker from my friend he gave it to me in this small, crappy made sealed enclosure and i need to take the apeaker out, not necessarily right away, but eventually it needs to come out, but the problem is is that 3 of the 8 screws are stripped, so i need a way to take it out without damaging it, o and the surround is made of metal not rubber. Any ideas?

Ok, when I bought my speaker from my friend he gave it to me in this small, crappy made sealed enclosure and i need to take the apeaker out, not necessarily right away, but eventually it needs to come out, but the problem is is that 3 of the 8 screws are stripped, so i need a way to take it out without damaging it, o and the surround is made of metal not rubber. Any ideas?

take a flat head screw driver... put it under the lip of the basket... while you unscrew it with the phillips head create up preasure with the flat head.... see what im saying.

yeah if the screws are stripped it means they aren't holding on to much. Just have to pry them out like bigjon said.

if you can get to them wit a dremel you can cut slots in them.

or you can go to a sears store in the craftsman tools section, and look for these bits that go in a drill they are made for taking screws out with stripped out heads.

i want to say they are called screw outs not positive on that one.

old school audiobahn immortal 18, just keepin it till i can afford my nightshades =-), or an x-con

Edited by BristaBrock

I would recommend Screw Outs too. I after all, I sell them!