Sign in to follow this  
mrray13

es or xs?

hey all.....

i'm considering a pair of pbx 10's to replace my hpo's (they might be sold)...

here's what i got...

500wrms@1ohm (memphis pr500d)

about 1ft^3 per sub (depending on subs displacement), with a 3" round port 10 3/4" long (individual chambers..so that's the specs for each side..box already built and in use)

about 6" worth of mountin depth....(might be a touch more or less...i'd have to remeasure)

so will either of these work in my application?

thanks ahead of time...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hey all.....

i'm considering a pair of pbx 10's to replace my hpo's (they might be sold)...

here's what i got...

500wrms@1ohm (memphis pr500d)

about 1ft^3 per sub (depending on subs displacement), with a 3" round port 10 3/4" long (individual chambers..so that's the specs for each side..box already built and in use)

about 6" worth of mountin depth....(might be a touch more or less...i'd have to remeasure)

so will either of these work in my application?

thanks ahead of time...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

how many amps you have?

cuz the es rms is 400w and im not sure if they made the xs 10s yet

randy would know

why not get a single 12?

wait a sec, I think kent is getting a certain XXX sub soon

why not get a single 12? 

wait a sec, I think kent is getting a certain XXX sub soon

lol...yeah, it looks that way...hehe

but jamie, jus the one amp..500wrms....though that might be upgraded soon to at least 1100wrms@1ohm(yeah..another memphis 1000d)

and denim, a 12 won't fit under the back seat firing down (i don't wnat to face it forward)...especially that 12!! though i might just try..hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

then why not run a single Rl-i in a large ported and get some sweet out put from it

then why not run a single Rl-i in a large ported and get some sweet out put from it

because i don't believe i will gain anything. the hpo's aren't bad subs and can probably more then keep up with a pair of rl-i's. as much as i like soundsplinter, i don't think one 10 in a larger box is going to outperform to very comparible tens.

i have thought about a pair of rl-i's..but i want to try something different...

and i have a secret... :ohsnap:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

kent I was not saying the single sub would put out more silly goose, I was mentioning a different approach, and try to get the most out of one sub :P

kent I was not saying the single sub would put out more silly goose, I was mentioning a different approach, and try to get the most out of one sub :P

oh..ok...lol...

if i try that, why not try to get the xxx under there??

in all honesty, termlab (over at ca.com) hasn't said anymore about wanting the hpo's, so i dunno what i'm going to try....

oh well.....i got a secret and i might try it....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

oh..ok...lol...

if i try that, why not try to get the xxx under there??

in all honesty, termlab (over at ca.com) hasn't said anymore about wanting the hpo's, so i dunno what i'm going to try....

oh well.....i got a secret and i might try it....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

good luck seling your subs

:woot::woot:

the xs 10 is a great woofer considering its sharing the same motor structure and voice coil as the 12,the only problem your going to run into with it is as with the 12 and 15,for it to perform well youll need a larger box.i would go with the es ds on the count that the box is much smaller,and its a more efficiant driver,if its a clean 500 wrms you shouldnt have a problem with it handeling the power

demin ,randy i just tested my setup last weekend and i have to push it from the second row up to the b pillar with one amp mojo 2000d so far .

time to add the alternator and other mojo amp ..wish i had 2 xa-3000d's it would be cool to run all powerbass equipment and make randy smile .lol :woot::woot: this was done from the second row .

post-484-1107283360_thumb.jpg

thats a good number, what did you burp at?

demin ,randy i just tested my setup last weekend and i have to push it from the second row up to the b pillar with one amp mojo 2000d so far .

time to add the alternator and other mojo amp ..wish i had 2 xa-3000d's it would be cool to run all powerbass equipment and make randy smile .lol :woot:   :woot: this was done from the second row .

right on,yeah i belive when we calculated you were at a full wave with your box in its current location,do you have access to a meter while you moving your box?

the goal is to find the location at a quarter wave,the new mics are a killer man,........

but,,CONGRATS on the Number,find the quarter and watch how fast the numbers increase

yea randy i have a term lab of my own that i bought but the wall is useing 4 pbx 15dv.2 subs ...it came out nice but building one just a little deeper . :faintthud:post-484-1107349101.jpg so here it is for ya randy ..