Sign in to follow this  
jbob

Cheap crossover

I need to get a cheap crossover fast so I can take out my damn 3sixty.2 which is having bluetooth issues and send it in AGAIN...anyway.

How bad are the crossovers on this page: Parts Express

Any other suggestions on something I can get cheap. Something with high level inputs would be ideal, but I can run a LOC too. Best case would be 2 way active plus sub, but I really could get by with out the sub and without the bandpass on the mid channel because I could use the amp crossover for that (my mains are on a pair of Sundown 100.2's).

$50 for a used XM-6 is about your best bet, although you'd need a LOC as well

Buy something used you can resell would be my recommendation.

*curious as to what is failing with the 360.2, I hadn't heard of any failing before

Bluetooth stops connecting. I bought it second hand, but new in box from somebody on DIYMA earlier this year. Played with it on my bench and after it worked for a short while it stopped connecting. Sent it in to RF and got a new one back about 2 months later because they just did a replace on it, but were out of stock for that time, but when I finally got it back I benched it it was fine. It sat until I finally got it installed which was probably about a month and a half ago and I had only connected about once or twice since I set it up. Tried last night and it wasn't happening. Laptop just plain doesn't see it, but it saw my phone. Told RF support and they didn't even tell me anything else to try, just send it in. It's really not uncommon, you see it alot on the RF forums especially.

Ya I figured the Coustic would be a good bet if I can find one, maybe I'll check pawn shops tomorrow....ugh.

I have a DX-28 that I have been keeping as a back up, I feel bad enough for you that I almost want to sell it to you.

Thanks for the insight on the 360, I am currently looking at cars where I will need to keep the stock headunit but I will only run active. I don't like the lack of an extra two channels on the 360 and the warnings of potential noise is frightening as well. I didn't realize they also had a bluetooth issue, although I guess I am not surprised as nothing I have ever owned that is bluetooth works 100% of the time.

Good luck in the search!

Yes, I'm really wishing I would have done a pxe-h650, I'm only doing 2 way active as it sits, but there's the possibility of 3 way in the future.

Yup saw that, looked like it might be gone, but I asked the guy.

So what car you looking at? Newer Beamer? Some cars you can bypass the amp easily. In my Magnum you can get a flat stereo signal from the deck if you disconnect the amp. I think the Mazda Bose system is similar.

Yup saw that, looked like it might be gone, but I asked the guy.

So what car you looking at? Newer Beamer? Some cars you can bypass the amp easily. In my Magnum you can get a flat stereo signal from the deck if you disconnect the amp. I think the Mazda Bose system is similar.

Audi S4, Cadillac CTS-V both have Bose :(