Sign in to follow this  
legsofthewookie

need help with Fi-q and amp

I'm going to be getting a 12 inch Fi-Q sub, and im thinking of going with Audioque 1200D amp. the sub can take 1000w rms and the amp hits about 1200w rms. the 1200 rms is at 1 ohm and i'm curious if i should get the dual 1 or dual 2 ohm version of the Fi-q. i dont really know alot about this stuff so i just need help with what i should get.

links to sub and amp

sub: https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

amp: http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm

any help on what i should get or how i should set it up would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

alex

Get the Dual 2 ohm. Wire it in parallel for a 1 ohm load. That amp should be a very nice match with that sub....

Is this amp safe at 1ohm? i mean i could get a dual 1ohm voic coil fi q and run it for 2ohm..but then the sub would only be getting about 850w rms instead of 1200rms. i just dont want my amp exploding on me

the website says it safe at 1 ohm, go for it.

run it at 850 and you will likely end up cranking the gain and blowing up your sub

but then the sub would only be getting about 850w rms instead of 1200rms. i just dont want my amp exploding on me

Just something to keep in mind, the amp is not at full power all the time. Anytime you have the volume down, guess what, you have less than maximum rated power :)

Great choice on sub.

thanks. yeah the fi-q is amazing from what i've heard. I'm actually looking at an AA 12 inch Havoc right now thought...its kinda the same thing but i hear its slightly better in overall performance. either way its pretty identical to the Q so i'll still be getting the same amp... should the Q or Havoc be in a sealed or ported box? i'll be putting it in my trunk and i think i have about 3-4 cubic feet to work with.

those audioque amps are great. my friend has a aq2200 pushing 2 t1 15's it pushes them hard.

they both can be in a sealed or ported enclosure, but you will probably get the best performance out of them in a ported enclosure.

yeah i've heard good things about the amps. hitting about 1200 rms and the havoc takes 1250 and the Q about 1000 so its perfect either way i go. and idk i guess i'll just hit up a sealed box because they can be smaller and idk if i have trunk room for a ported box. as long as it sounds fine it doesnt matter to me. i've heard ported gets louder but i dont think i'll ever have the sub loud enough to push it past the difference

thanks everyone

make sure you give it a decent sized box(not a prefab) lol then ul be good

as long as its in the specifications that are on thier website i should be fine right? i guess the bigger the better though so i should do the max volume on their site. for sealed i mean. correct?

as long as its in the specifications that are on thier website i should be fine right? i guess the bigger the better though so i should do the max volume on their site. for sealed i mean. correct?

ye itll be fine with that. and ye, use the max volume on their site

they both can be in a sealed or ported enclosure, but you will probably get the best performance out of them in a ported enclosure.

:(

i think it depends on goals.

i didnt see any listed