re-tested and got roughly the same numbers 805

the L5's impeadence is roughly 17 ohms at 60hz, resting is 1.9 ohm

it's exact reading was 56.7 volts and 14.2 amps

at roughly the same instant the amp was consuming 87.9 amps at 11.42volts (DC) when the reading was taken.. my batts can't keep it above 12 :( time for some new ones..

*you can only look at so many reading at once... so give a good + or - 10% human error as well

Edited by rushnrun

could you possibly test a lower tone whatever the box is tune to should give a lower impedence and possibly better output

the woofer can't handle it in the box it's in...

I need to get a couple new batts hooked up and get something better to test with woofer wise..

the L5 is in a sealed. I tried 45 hz but the amp kept shutting down on low voltage... I just don't have the batts to test... they've sat for over a year now and they're just not holding up... (they were stored in the garage :( )

I did see an increase in output prior to it shutting down.. the batts are dropping to the 10's now...

I'll try to "borrow" some from my work tomarrow.. we sell recharged batts so I can swap my "recharge" for better ones. I'm just using 1100cca industrial interstates

NOPE :(

Been way too busy, I'll get on it this weekend... no plans... yet..... I'll post on it as soon as I get some numbers... I'll be selling the amp shortly.. Apparently I can't find the time to play with it. I'll try to get some good numbers prior to selling.

Look forward to your results. :)

alright!

finally a good number with the good batts.. one batt was toast

well I was able to obtain roughly the same result 4 seperate times (within 120 watts)

high output @ 35 hz 12.5v input 2 ohm (accounting for impedence rise)

was....

1820 watts... not bad at two ohm for a .5ohm stable amp.... also note that it'll handle 17v input.

after the four test the woofer was getting a little stinky so I shut her down.. I let it hold for 10 seconds on each "burp"

I'll have to build something to test the 1 ohm output (2 clif 15's...)... my poor test woofer (re se 12) won't take too many more burps off it.

if your going to test with clif designs you will want to use the aftermath series its has the highest rms rating of 1800w but it only comes in a d2ohm 12 get 2 use 1 to test 1ohm then add the other and test the .5ohm the highest rated 15 is rated at 1000w and is dual 4ohm the dual 2ohm 15 is rated for 750w

I've got the cd1500c's.... the midgrade subs... I thought they were the better ones when I purchased them...

anyhow

I'll hook the pair up at 2ohm then at .5ohm.... to test at 1 ohm I'll have to run 4.... but I'll have to build a box for that...

I may try to test with my PB Xtrem 10...I've burped it on 2.5k before.... so maybe it'll hold..

I sold off all my good woofers :( ... down tho the solo x 18's (which I don't have a box for)

well looks like she should do more than 4k at one ohm (measured 3800 at the highest).... should put out more.... fried the woofer before I got it turned up.. :( I was rolling the volume when the woofers smoked :) now the house smells purty...

oh yeah

12.3ish volts

25 hz

didn't pop th 320 amp inline fuse.. however I didn't measure the power consumption... currently it's hooked to only 2200cca worth of batteries the charger is still hooked on 2A trickle....

lesson of the day.... 750 watt woofer + 3500 watts = smoke

btw... it's crazy friggin' loud in the house.. bet the people next door are curious to what is going on :)

3800 @ 12.3v does rated 5200 @ 17v not bad just need to do the .5ohm testing to see if you get a decent bump in power. personally id rather a 3000d for the price

at .5 ohm I blew the 320 amp inline fuse roughly 3k when the fuse blew.... must have a drop in efficiency at .5

the voltage dropped to 11's

kinda bummed... I do MECA so power consumption plays a big roll

Guess I'll keep running the zx2500's.... they do about 2700 each at 1 ohm and I can run an 60 amp fuse each for burps....

I'm gonna wire the amp up straight in a sec and see what it'll do un-fused...

well I'm done for the night...

unfused:

roughly 11.8volts input 25 hz roughly .8 ohm 2950

then I swapped to 2 ohm and test again... 11.8ish volts 25 hz 2 ohm 1490 watts...

think my batts are done for the night... :)

the best output was 3800 at 1 ohm but keep in mind that was on fresh batts (and a very unhappy woofer)

**on a side note I did test 25 30 35 and 45 hz... 25-35 all were roughly the same output 2880 at the lowest, 45 hz cause the amp to shut down on low voltage at roughly 2600

I may test more tomorrow... Other than that the amp is now for sale... pm me if interested... Make a reasonable offer and it's yours...

***edit I kept typing .5 ohm when infact with the rise I was looking at more like .8 ohm so I changed it

Edited by rushnrun

Well after a full night of charging and a tested 13.3 volts resting (my work batts float there) I went to test today.

the first run wasn't impressive

2800 watts at .8 ohm 25 hz then I got to checking and noticed that I had the master volume set at a quarte on the computer (i'm using my lap top to play the tones... on the headphone jack..)

anyhow, turned up the master and tested again:

98 amps and 52 volts was the readings..... at 30 hz...... 5096 watts

maybe this thing can put out some juice after all...

After that test I was only able to test into the mid 4k's 4500-4650... and promptly only able to get 2800-3200 after the batts were tired....

So if you've got the power supply this thing just might be the beast...

I'm going to redo the .8 ohm test today as well as redo the 2 ohm to see if I get remotely the same results...

I like to test several times..

human error can play a big roll with these numbers.. however if I get roughly same number 10 times it's probably correct... Or I keep making the same mistake :)

* the 5k number seems unrealistic to me, being I was only able to get 4.5k on the test right after... and quickly diminished to only 3k after just a few 5-10 second "burps"...

I need a bigger battery bank :)

here's my last set of numbers for this amp: swapped batts to a set that floats @ 12.3volt

both test were done with a cheap clarion cd player with a .8volt output. On Both test the amp clipped out on low voltage from 25-55 hz.. 60 hz was the only freq that didn't clip. first run the subsonic filter was set 20hz, run two it was set at 50 hz (the subsonic is not defeatable)

run 1 run 2

25hz 2520

30hz 2860

35hz 2209 35hz 2736

40hz 2408 40hz 2562

45hz 2356 45hz 2376

50hz 2208 50hz 2130

55hz 1960 55hz 1716

60hz 2666 60hz 2709

again, higher voltages show much better results