Sign in to follow this  
zyskatr18

2 SAZ 3000D amps...

could anyone help me with what electrical upgrades i have to make to my stock mustang to run these? and if i need extra batteries in the trunk, how do i hook those up? to anyone that can help me with this, thank you.

are you competing? thats alot of power and you need several good batteries as well as high output alt maybe 2 of them. several runs of 0 gauge. what subs do you plan on running? do you have enough room for everything?

i would like to compete but im kinda new to all this. im going to get to 12'' nightshades and ya i already made sure the dimensions for my box would fit.

you need several good batteries as well as high output alt maybe 2 of them. several runs of 0 gauge.

now where can i get all of this?? is there a good website you know of?

ok so the box will fit, but what room do you have left after the box? where do you plan on putting the batteries? can your car handle the weight ? each battery weighs around 34lbs times that by 3-4. The box??? subs probly 80-100lbs. I know my single 15 in a 3.1 ft^3 box weighs around 100lbs. have you checked to see what HO alts are available? and the cost?

I am all for a huge system. but there are alot of things to consider

i honestly dont think the weight will be an issue because in the winter i have to throw about 4 60pound sandbags in my trunk to keep my car from sliding around in the snow. but i wasnt sure if i needed a HO alt so i really didnt look around for one but now ill look and find out. but three batteries would be good right?? because now i see how this is getting really expensive :P

and thanks for your help so far chad.

I am not sure on how many batteries. I have never used one of these amps, but from what I have read they can each draw in excess of 300 amps. I believe that they are only warrentied if you have 2 extra batteries and a high output alt. there are a few guys on here that run two maybe they will chime in.

your welcome for the help. I would love to see some build pics on this

I would love to see some build pics on this

When i get everything i need i'll deffinetly be taking some pics

you dont need 2 saz 3000d's to run stock nightshades......

and you would need ATLEAST three powermaster d3100... those are MONSTER cells.. so if you use other brand of cell syou will need to shop for amp hours on the cells....

1 saz 3000d need needs atleast 110 amp hours....... so two saz's will want 220 amp hours or more just for the amps.....

i run 1 saz 3000d i have a h/o alt and 250 amp hours on tap.

any i run two nightshade 15's

why not start with half of that setup, and add the other half when u get some experience with the layout. one 3k is more than enough current to cause plenty of problems with anyone's first system.

lol I have 2 sundowns

200amp alt and 2 kinetiks won't do anything

get a 250-300 amp alt and atleast 2-3 kinetick 3,800 or powermaster 3,100

Edited by bigt