Sign in to follow this  
vladd

Estimate the lows? Impossible? Lol, so what makes you assume you know better then?

(somehow I doubt that you're laughing)

If you can explain how to model room gain with nothing to go on other than a pic, you may revolutionize audio as we know it. If you can do the same with in-cabin response, the AES would make you an honorary member.

Who the fruck make this guy a member of the tech team? This is Audio101.

Ever built an enclosure that is too small and listened to it?

That's equivalent to asking, "When did you stop beating your wife?" Please illustrate your claiming the enclosure is too small. I'd love to see this.

I haven't used that 8, but every ID sub that I have played with preferred the enclosure on the larger side of their recommendations.

Ahhh...so all 8" subs are the same. Brilliant.

Their marketing department is eager to put smaller enclosures as recommendations, but that doesn't mean they really should be recommended. Could I be wrong? Sure, but I really doubt it.

So what?

Go ahead and build an undersized enclosure for your 8's and see how it is. I'd guarantee though that a single 10 in an optimized box will give you nicer output and definitely act more like a sub.

1. As was already illustrated, the enclosure is not too small, regardless of your wishful thinking.

2. <sigh> Are you another poster who didn't take the time to read the thread, yet felt compelled to upload his confrontational comments, regardless. I have reasons for using 8" drivers. Whether you think there may be a "better" route is irrelevant to my needs.

Take a step back and look at the information that you given us:

1) Lightest setup possible

2) Lightest setup possible

3) Aesthetically pleasing, which your design is around a .6cuft box

4) SQ

5) Using the subs that "you want to use"

I repeated light since you called it paramount and seem to get excited if anyone offers anything other than uber light. The problem here is #5 doesn't go at all with the rest of the list.

Do you actually think that someone like me didn't compare sub weights before making the choice? Yes, there are slightly lighter 8" subs - Quatros come to mind immediately - but I'm more comfortable with the IDs. I'm looking for a light enclosure; I really don't need advice as to the drivers. Clearly, your comment was meant to confront and not help. (Errrr...) Thanks anyway.

{edited typo}

Seriously asking people if they can read is getting a little old, especially when it's you that is misinterpreting what people are saying.

first.... he's saying that you are doing the exact thing as him and saying that a .6 box will be "better" than a .9. No way around that, you might be using the median of their recommended values, but even if those values were the range of acceptable that in no way means the median will be proper for your application. more on this for second.

Second, not all 8s behave the same way, and he never said they do, ID is a company, not a length.

Third, Beating your wife can be fun, and it really is a great stress reliever, don't be an ass and knock something you haven't tried, it's insulting to us purists. :ehh: