Sign in to follow this  
vladd

I don't have the time or the patients to screw with all the tags...

"QUOTE I haven't used that 8, but every ID sub that I have played with preferred the enclosure on the larger side of their recommendations.

Ahhh...so all 8" subs are the same. Brilliant."

ok...you're saying he said all 8" subs are the same.... I'd say that's you misreading, or reading his mind? he said EVERY ID SUB. hence me informing you that ID is a sub, not a length. Saying that he said all 8" subs are the same is wrong.

Please tell me where i'm arguing against my own claim? I"m not making the claims here, just letting you know what he said because you misread it. Also please show me where my "disingenuous assertion and the record" differ. Making a claim without backing it up is going to make everyone think you're a hypocrit.

now I'll bite on this one even though i explained it pretty plainly, if you want me to use 50cent words to appear intelligent and boost my e-ego i can, but i prefer to talk like this.

"

first.... he's saying that you are doing the exact thing as him and saying that a .6 box will be "better" than a .9.

How does he know without listening to the setup in the car, as he as no idea as to the room gain and in-cabin response. Why do I feel like I'm repeating myself? Clearly, you've read my others posts and we still get this gem of an argument. Please illustrate how such a thing is possible.

Could you rephrase that please in a manner that's understood by other humans? ."

yes, quite simply you can't tell me that you know the in vehicle response of the box as a .9 or a .6. So by choosing any value, regardless of where it falls in the ID range is simply you shooting in the dark. You haven't modeled your car because you actually asked for help on aiming the sub (which direction to fire it..not going to bother going and grabbing the quote). Since you don't know the response of your vehicle, and you don't know the response at .9, then you'd think you'd listen to someone who at least has experience with ID subs. Quite possibly other subs using the same motor/suspension which would behave close to the same.

i didn't see where you said you had used ID subs?? Very possible that i overlooked it, but the last response was assuming you don't have experience with the subs, espeically considering your trivial questions about them. You can take offense to this one if you'd like but asking about sub direction, 1/2 mdf and using a manufacturer's recommended box size because it's "in the middle" doesn't say that you've tested the hell out of the sub. Nothing to do with intelligence so don't take it that way.

And the beating your wife thing wasn't supposed to be funny, it's quite true. The amount of exercise you could get from beating nearly anyone can be quite healthy, the aggression is a stress reliever and the endorphin rush can be addictive. The point was keep it lighthearted and have a civil arguement. And I can go just as many rounds as you'd like, last i saw the scoreboard you weren't doing so hot .