Sign in to follow this  
spl_eddie

bad RCA's on headunit

Ok, i have a pioneer avic N3 but the rca's are bad on the unit. how do i replace them or repair them. i have used a line output converter but i really dont like to use them. any help would be great. THANKS!!!!!!!

Eddie G

you can send it in to any pioneer certed repair center..... i know there is one in austin texas cause thats where i sent mine.. but there should be one in every major city

Pioneer radios are notorious for getting bad rca jacks......Usually happens when running cheaper amps and/or having bad grounds, and when you have an amplifier starving for power. What will happen is the amp will pull power from the ground and when the ground is not sufficient or the voltage is getting pulled down to low,...the amplifer will start seeking ground elsewhere.....which can lead to it pulling power from the ground of the rca jacks...in return popping the "fuse" on the rca line causing really really bad feedback, hiising and popping. Only fix for this is to send it to pioneer. This problem is covered under there warranty but will only fix the problem a total of 3 times i do believe......anyways good luck!!! Gerront / 4Runner

it's not under warranty anymore. so there is no way i can repair it myself?

I dont know what it is thats messed up......from what they say after a repair has been made on a pioneer radio ...the paperwork says..."located and replaced open coil in circuit".....so i dont really know exactly where to begin.....without a proper schematic which pioneer will never gve to you, it would have to go to a repair center. Try calling or emailing a company called "united radio service"

http://198.66.219.68/yourservicecenter/

Hope you find an answer id love to know what to replace.....

mine was not under warrenty... i think shipping repair and shipping back to me was only 110 bucks