mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

So did anyone do anything exciting this weekend?

Besides yanking the motor, I tore down this cabinet.

chimo001cu5.jpg

Much better :)

chimo007mo0.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what I want to do in the corner and how big of a breakfast bar to put in.

And made some real temp shelves in my pantry. Yes these are the 5/8" pieces of junk. I will build a real custom insert after figuring out what spacing makes the most sense. Hell I don't even know what I want to put in there. The w now wants to buy a microwave :( since there is room to put it in the closet. I don't quite understand why we need one and when I ask her she just wants it for popcorn, my response lets buy an air popper. :D

chimo020iv2.jpg

And put on nearly 100mi on the snowmobile. My body is sore and tired after the weekend, so it is nice to have a day in front of the pc.

TV cooks are funny. Trying to wok stir fry with that tiny little indoor burner ain't gonna work too good sister...

True, part of the reason I have a cast iron wok as my burners have always been shitty. Amazing what a hunk of metal can do to help hold heat.

Snowmobile season is definitely winding down here. It's been windy as hell the last couple days, unfortunately.

Yeah I know the kitchen was a mess, but when you have that many cabinets you are removing, a dishwasher full of clean dishes and the woman is ripping wallpaper off the walls you can't expect any better. Other than the coffee machine being put back and the dishes put away it looks similar now :D

lol. Gum collector?

Costco. Less than one pack.

Winding down here too, it sucked but still had to do it. Snirt (snow/dirt--actually mud) on one side of the road and drifts on the other. 40mph wind does that and makes it spooky to tear across the lake. 80mph when you all of sudden hit a 3' drift sort of sends you flying and your heart racing.

Not a good cross section of the food that is in the house, but you guys will see that when you visit in June. Should see the Firebird too as we plan to drive it to Rochester for the tour.

That is not what I thought of Sean looking like...

Yeah he looks goofier than I thought :peepwall:

Oh and you fuckers aren't goofy looking?

not sure i look too goofy, i think there's a height requirement for that. fing05.gif

i'm sure there's many other adjectives with negative connotations that suit me just fine though.

The height requirement is for intrinsic coordination and it must be under 5'9"

i want to go find the previous owner of the stratus and kick him in his/her crotch

was replacing the driver's wheel bearing today, mostly for good measure. i did the front passenger one over winter and prefer to do stuff like that in pairs, so i bought the driver but was waiting for warm weather. So today i tear in to it. dad and i have car up, take the wheel off, get to the wheel nut and prepare for the hell that we figure is coming. dad throws the socket on and takes the damn nut off with his fingers!

we've never had to work on that side of the stratus so i know it wasn't us. that fucker has been like that for god knows how long.

Not a good cross section of the food that is in the house, but you guys will see that when you visit in June. Should see the Firebird too as we plan to drive it to Rochester for the tour.

:woot: HRMPT!

those shelves..... tsk tsk

This coming from a guy who has unfinished bookshelves next to his tv with the crossovers on top of them and a living room full of pictures on the floor. Conveniently there are doors in front of the pantry shelves which remain closed. That and I no longer have plywood sitting in the way in my garage. I bought that stuff to throw in the rafters of the garage to set shit on, cheap ass ply works for that but I bought a sheet extra and now have shelves.

Sean, the Rochester stop is Thursday, is the official SSA meet on Friday or Saturday or both?

And they work fine for eyeballing a decent shelf layout.

I love the shirt Sean. :)

That is the not so great fitting one that Elias made, perfect for the garage :)

My button down has shrunk a great deal and fallen apart somewhat, only worn it/washed it 3 times. :shrug:

those shelves..... tsk tsk

This coming from a guy who has unfinished bookshelves next to his tv with the crossovers on top of them and a living room full of pictures on the floor. Conveniently there are doors in front of the pantry shelves which remain closed. That and I no longer have plywood sitting in the way in my garage. I bought that stuff to throw in the rafters of the garage to set shit on, cheap ass ply works for that but I bought a sheet extra and now have shelves.

:lol2: yeah, I know I'm not one to talk

I personally see no problem with the ply shelves, function over form

Sean, the Rochester stop is Thursday, is the official SSA meet on Friday or Saturday or both?

I can be flexible, it depends I suppose on when people travel. I assumed that you would be around since you will be here Thursday.

Less than 20min worth of work as well. My goal eventually is to build in a complete cabinet with particular vertical storage separators for specific items. At the moment it was hurry up and free up some other cabinet space for dishes since I am removing the dish cabinet.

Saw it, Tom. I find a good poke at our army quite funny and occasionally quite accurate.

I can be flexible, it depends I suppose on when people travel. I assumed that you would be around since you will be here Thursday.

Yeah, doesn't make any sense to stay around Rochester after that meet so I'll head on up with you guys.