chevy454

Few Questions

i thought about ripping the back seats out of my car one of my questions is how is the SQ on a wall build? AND about those NIGHTSHADES are they a SQ sub or built for SPL i see that they look a lil like the btl's how do they compare..i searched but i didnt find that much info on them

i thought about ripping the back seats out of my car one of my questions is how is the SQ on a wall build?

The same as any other install - you could make it award-winning in SQ or a one-note wonder, or any compromise in between.

oh ok i thought walls was just for competing

Really, they should be for show vehicles only. I've never liked the idea of people driving around with that much added mass, and completely ruining any chance at rearward visibility they might have had...people have a hard enough time driving without that obstructed :P But for a trailer queen or something that only gets driven to shows on weekends, go for it.

In theory, someone could wall off a vehicle and make something that's an approximation to a real infinite baffle, the commonly quoted figure is a sealed enclosure 4 to 10 times the Vas of the driver or greater...I've never seen this done, but the effect might be impressive. Or, someone could use many drivers in their recommended volume and end up with something that requires next to no cone travel to achieve the desired output for SQ...it'd certainly be a way to keep the suspension from going into nonlinearity.

In theory, someone could wall off a vehicle and make something that's an approximation to a real infinite baffle, the commonly quoted figure is a sealed enclosure 4 to 10 times the Vas of the driver or greater...I've never seen this done, but the effect might be impressive. Or, someone could use many drivers in their recommended volume and end up with something that requires next to no cone travel to achieve the desired output for SQ...it'd certainly be a way to keep the suspension from going into nonlinearity.

?????????????????????????????????????