slam

Sundown sax-100.4

I know the sax-100.4 can handle 10-16v but what about a lil above that. lets say from 17-18v. Im trying to run my whole system all on 16v eliminating the extra 1/0 wire running from under the hood and adding to the 16v charging system. thanx in advance

well 17-18 volt is a 16 volts charging system

as 14 volt is a charge for a 12 volt system

as far as it application to the sax 100.4 i have no idea.

well 17-18 volt is a 16 volts charging system

as 14 volt is a charge for a 12 volt system

as far as it application to the sax 100.4 i have no idea.

I understand that but on the manual it say 10-16v. I just dont want to burn up. Thanx

just did a lil research common sense and on the saz-3000d. it says Operating Voltage : DC 10V~18V and on the 100.4 it say Operating Voltage : DC 10V~16V. so im assuming my answer is a no

Correct, it will not like 17-18 volts.

You can add a Kinetik Tri-Post battery and run it off the 12v post - thats one easy way to do it.

I know the sax-100.4 can handle 10-16v but what about a lil above that. lets say from 17-18v. Im trying to run my whole system all on 16v eliminating the extra 1/0 wire running from under the hood and adding to the 16v charging system. thanx in advance

Nice Opti 2500 by the way. The '96 series built by Lanzar were some of my favorite amps in the mid 90's. I still have a 2500, a 4150 and a 6200.

Nice Opti 2500 by the way. The '96 series built by Lanzar were some of my favorite amps in the mid 90's. I still have a 2500, a 4150 and a 6200.

thanx. I love their old stuff

another question:

I received my sax-100.4 and turned it on only to notice engine noise coming out of channels 3 & 4. Some other ppl told me they had the same problem. Is there a fix for this without sending it in? I did a search and didnt find nething thanx

Edited by money_inc

thanx. I love their old stuff

another question:

I received my saz-100.4 and turned it on only to notice engine noise coming out of channels 3 & 4. Some other ppl told me they had the same problem. Is there a fix for this without sending it in? I did a search and didnt find nething thanx

Hit it with a hammer a few times! :P If that doesn't work then send it in, I doubt it is anything you could fix, I imagine Jake could though! :shrug:

Hmmm, shure it's not those speakers? Any power cable running with your 3-4 channel interconnects?

Hmmm, shure it's not those speakers? Any power cable running with your 3-4 channel interconnects?

i have 2 sets of hsk165's... how would it be my speakers neways? i swapped out amps and bam. this amp has it and the other dont. this is for a comp vehicle so everything is done properly..... and no its not on my 16v setup

Where did you get your 100.4 ?

it was a used amp from another member of a board

Might have a solder joint issue on the crossover sub-card. DB-R can fix this pretty quickly.

Where did you get your 100.4 ?

it was a used amp from another member of a board

Might have a solder joint issue on the crossover sub-card. DB-R can fix this pretty quickly.

Thanx for your quick reponse. I believe this is one of the reasons everyone talks so highly of sundown..... Great Customer Sevice!!!

I called db-r about another amp and told me they can get to it in dec lol

Sundown items are a top priority - Chris should be able to get to it quickly.

WOW! thanx again

If Chris determines it is a warranty issue we will cover the repair bill - just put a note in there for him to contact me about this repair.

If Chris determines it is a warranty issue we will cover the repair bill - just put a note in there for him to contact me about this repair.

sound great thanx