Sign in to follow this  
Smanleyman

Looking for something new/ changeup

So I have a 15" fi Q with a 1500 watt clarion amp in my accord, but im looking to trade in the q for something else.

I can not afford a new amp, or any electronics upgrades, so 1500 @ 1 ohm is my max power.

Im tired of the q because i have almost no trunk space right now and it makes grocery shopping for 3 or 4 people kind of difficult.

Im not sure if it would sound good in a 3^3 ish box but FI says it can be from 2.8-4, but something new is always fun so ill probably switch out.

I want to stay as close as possible to as loud as I am now, and want it to sound even from low lows to higher lows...(my 45-60 response is rather weak right now but i think its because its a 4^3 box at 31hz)

Subs i'm considering:

2 10" fi ssd's

2 8" soundsplinter rl-i8s if they ever are in stock again(very small box and lots of wow factor)

1 underpowered 12" btl

1 12" bl with some beefy options

I dont want to spend more than 400, and id like the final enclosure to be 3^3 or less. I noticed FI recently lowered prices which makes them even extra appealing :bigclap:

Ive never heard any of these before, and dont know much about other companies, and am basically looking for input as to which setup can potentially be the loudest while still sounding good, or if you think my q will sound good in a 3^3 box. please and thank you for replies.

I'll say it again (although saying it in two threads is silly).. if you want even sound you need to go sealed.

Another thing you said is that you're not hitting the higher notes (up to 60hz). This is midbass territory. Time to upgrade your front stage to fill in the frequency gaps.

The cheapest option is to just make a SEALED box...Qs perform pretty good in sealed applications IMO.

Make an enclosure around 2-2.5ft^3 and you will have more room for grocery shopping. Most people I know just throw all the groceries in the back seat and floor.

lol when you live in a 4 bedroom apt with the only car there is not backseat/floor space

I had it sealed when I first got it running at 4 ohms so only 800 watts, i still have the box maybe ill throw it in there at 1ohm and if I really like it ill keep it, but 2 rl-i8's are so appealing just for the wow factor and a ported box for them is smaller than mine sealed.

My town is also huge on kicker so to everyone i know my sub is GOD, so I can easily get 375 for the sub and the box I have it in, so all of my options just hurt my head and its nice to get others opinions.

LOL i hear ya man...