herbykw

FI sub questions

Hello, I am strongly considering getting some FI BLs. First, i have to say that i am very impressed with the videos I have seen of what these subs can do. I have not heard any in person, but i also hear the Sound quality is amazing.

I have a good understanding of car audio and installs, im no expert. Here is some questions i have:

looking at the FI BL 12"

"Re: 0.75 Ohms/coil | 1.5 Ohms/coil" what is this? i thought the D1 and d2 options where ohms loads per voice coil? I have made one slight mistake on an ohm load and fried a very good sub, cause my calculations were less then 1/2ohm off.

If i buy 2 FI BL 12"s can I safely run a D2 off a single channel amp? Running in parrallel would have to run at 0.5ohms?

I listen to Hip hop/R&b and rap, what would give me the louder, bass for all sorts of music, either 2 BL 12"s or a single BL 15". I have 2 kicker 15" L7s and they sound great for the low deep bass, but sound like crap for anything else.

Right now i am running a MA Audio HK802SX amp....any other recommendations??

Wiring parallel will have a final impedance of 1 Ohm on the D2s so it will be good for a mono block @1 Ohm. These subs will sound insanely better than the kickers IMO. just make a good enclosure.

Edited by johnecon2001

Welcome to SSA, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the BL FAQ located here

Also, check out this thread on impedance rise.

Thank you, i was looking for a detailed info sheet on the BLs, with recommended box and port sizes.

and thank you Jason907. But i know how to wire one driver with d2 down to 1 ohm, i was asking about TWO subs

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

just found this at fosgate.. what is with the "Re: 0.75 Ohms/coil | 1.5 Ohms/coil" just curious if i wire TWO 12" BLs in this way, that i wont kill them..

John's pretty much covered all the important things. the12volt . com also has a nice VC wiring section.