JoshM20

BJ!! HELP PLEZ!!!... PLEZ!!

hehe,

hope that got your attention guys! I am going to start building a box for 1 15 while waiting on my sex box!! From teh BJ!! But back to the question... BJ I am going to go to freight harbor and buy a router!! Can you give me some advice on what kind you use and what jig? I know you are much more skilled and I'm sure you have some great equipment... but I have never had/used a router and could you PLEZ give me some advice on what I need? Router/Bitz/Jig... Hope this is ok to put on here concidering I think your box's are amazing and I am trying to build some like you... And you are designing me one :) You could PM me or just post on here and I would be super super super appreciative... Thx... Sorry for any spelling errors!

Thx

Josh~~~

Not BJ, but I figured I'd offer my 2 cents.

Plunge base router

Spiral upcut bit

Flush trim bit

3/8" roundiver bit

Jasper jig

Those are the basics but should be enough to get you up and running.

Not BJ, but I figured I'd offer my 2 cents.

Plunge base router

Spiral upcut bit

Flush trim bit

3/8" roundiver bit

Jasper jig

Those are the basics but should be enough to get you up and running.

Thank you so much! I am trying to slowly build up my tools so I can make somewhat decent box's to play around with, I don't have a table saw yet... Well I do but the top has rusted... I sprayed that rush remover on it and it's not rusty anymore but it has those pitz in it... scared the wood won't run across it smoothly. Do you think I should get another TS or do you think that will be ok?

If its a cast iron table top. Use a very slick varnish, like 'Varathane wood polish for floor' water or oil based both should work. Brush it on there, then use wood shavings to rub it around and brush it off. You have just slicked up a table saw top. :)

Also, you don't need a ton of tools to make nice looking boxes. A decent skill saw, a straight edge, jig saw, and you can make some pretty respectable boxes. :)

Also, you don't need a ton of tools to make nice looking boxes. A decent skill saw, a straight edge, jig saw, and you can make some pretty respectable boxes. :)

Yea The table saw is all I really need, I have everything else :)

The table is not super pitted but it is pretty bad... It was almst like a corrosive rust? It looked weird before I sanded it down.. It looked like battery corrsion in comparison...

Sorry for not getting to this thread earlier. Last week when the forum was messed up, I couldnt get to this thread. Then I sort of forgot... :(

Still need some help?