whiff42o

Need help with amp, keeps shutting off...

Ok here's my problem. Whenever I turn up my Head unit (New Sony Xplode) past a certain point my amp will shut off. As long as I have my amp turned pretty far down it wont do it. But I feel like I'm being robbed of the potential of my speakers. I thought that maybe it was the amp so I took my other amp out of my other car and it did the same thing but even quicker cuz it's a 900w Lanzar and the other one is a American Pro 600w. I've checked all of the connections way to many times and never found any problems. Someone told me that the ohms has to match up on the amp and on the subs but i've never heard of that. If any one has any ideas please let me know i would appreciate it very much.

First off, welcome to the forum.

i would have to agree that the amp is seeing a lower than allowable impedance. Check your wiring to make sure it's compatible with the amplifier. And be CAREFUL with that gain knob on the amp. It's NOT a volume control. Turning it up may make it louder, but it can also cause damage to your drivers.

Ok here's my problem.  Whenever I turn up my Head unit (New Sony Xplode) past a certain point my amp will shut off.  As long as I have my amp turned pretty far down it wont do it.  But I feel like I'm being robbed of the potential of my speakers.  I thought that maybe it was the amp so I took my other amp out of my other car and it did the same thing but even quicker cuz it's a 900w Lanzar and the other one is a American Pro 600w.  I've checked all of the connections way to many times and never found any problems.  Someone told me that the ohms has to match up on the amp and on the subs but i've never heard of that.  If any one has any ideas please let me know i would appreciate it very much.

also---can you tell us how you have your subs wired and what ohm res. they are(duel 2, duel 4 or single 4 etc.)

that would help alot.