Sign in to follow this  
ncacoates

Help with new box.

Well i can hear the Bl is reeking havoc on my box when it hits the low notes i can hear an air leak even with a monster port. Thing is id like to be able to have to option to move from one 15bl too two down the road. Question is do i build 2 separate boxes and just leave one out for now or do i make say a 8+cuft box and run one in it for now. I don't think that would work considering the port area would be to large for just the one sub right? Anyways i got a

21.5xin40inx26in (HxWxD) space to work with and i can barley manage it but i can get two 21x20x26 boxes with 4.01cuft after displacement and tuned to 32hz in there. what do you guys think i should do?

Well i can hear the Bl is reeking havoc on my box when it hits the low notes i can hear an air leak even with a monster port. Thing is id like to be able to have to option to move from one 15bl too two down the road. Question is do i build 2 separate boxes and just leave one out for now or do i make say a 8+cuft box and run one in it for now. I don't think that would work considering the port area would be to large for just the one sub right? Anyways i got a

21.5xin40inx26in (HxWxD) space to work with and i can barley manage it but i can get two 21x20x26 boxes with 4.01cuft after displacement and tuned to 32hz in there. what do you guys think i should do?

umm i would say two seperate... best option or just wait till u get both 15s and make a new box then....

problem is im going to school in February and it all depends on if i can get a job during school. thus the reasoning for making the boxes now rather than later not to mention i wont have access to the nice big wood shop at my grandfathers living hours away at school.

If the enclosure is too big for a single 15, it might bottom-out easier

yeah that's what i was worried about.