pxkatz

Need advice on OEM Subwoofer hookup

I have a Home Theatre in a box :Doh: (I know...but it was cheap) and I am installing new speakers, including an active Subwoofer.

The Subwoofer output from the AV receiver is two-wire (Pos and neg) but the new Subwoofer has a single RCA jack input.

Someone suggested using an LLC, but I have no experience in this area.

Edited by AVNut

Just use one.

No he has normal wire, not an RCA from his receiver and an RCA input on his subwoofer.

Use a Line Out Converter. Just involves splicing the pos and neg wires from your AV sub output to the pos and neg wires on the LOC (Line Out Converter). After that, you just run RCAs from the LOC to your subwoofer's input. You can probably get away with just hooking up one of the RCAs from the LOC to the sub input, and not having to use converting adapters to get both hooked to the sub.

Edited by Duke

Any car stereo shop or Radio Shack should have an LOC you can buy, its really easy to do.

Just use one.

No he has normal wire, not an RCA from his receiver and an RCA input on his subwoofer.

I believe he was suggesting to use an LOC.

Use a Line Out Converter. Just involves splicing the pos and neg wires from your AV sub output to the pos and neg wires on the LOC (Line Out Converter). After that, you just run RCAs from the LOC to your subwoofer's input. You can probably get away with just hooking up one of the RCAs from the LOC to the sub input, and not having to use converting adapters to get both hooked to the sub.

Thanks for the advice, Duke. I'm going to do exactly that! :clap:

Especially since Sony support told me there was no way to connect my subwoofer to that receiver. :bull:

Any car stereo shop or Radio Shack should have an LOC you can buy, its really easy to do.

Thanks Duran. I was just looking at some of these and I won't even have to splice. I'll just plug the wires into the pos and neg spring clips on the receiver subwoofer output and use a single cable with male RCA jacks at each end to go between the LOC and the Sub.

Thanks everyone for your help! :wacky:

Thanks Duran. I was just looking at some of these and I won't even have to splice. I'll just plug the wires into the pos and neg spring clips on the receiver subwoofer output and use a single cable with male RCA jacks at each end to go between the LOC and the Sub.

Thanks everyone for your help! :wacky:

Glad to help you out.