Jshak07

Nightshade 15

Gettin ready to start on a new build. Will consist of:

15" Sundown Nightshade D2

Alphasonik 1000HCA (Possibly saz1500)

All 1/0

Exide Orbital Deep Cycle

Damplifier Pro will be installed on all doors and on hatch and on the floor from the back seats back. I have more for rest of truck but probably wont have time to get it all on at first.

I want to be able to put up some good numbers on the TL so what kind of design you got for me? Should I do a slot port or aero? About what size box and tuned to what?

Thanks

3 cu ft tuned to 36hz with 3 4" flares?

Sorry. 2008 Ford Escape.. Max Dimensions are around 24" seat to hatch x 44" side to side x 20" floor up... 20" keeps me below the window line so I would like to keep it there if i can.. What should I do as far as layout? sub up, port up? sub back, port back?

Sub and port back tends to yield more output in SUV's.

Gettin ready to start on a new build. Will consist of:

15" Sundown Nightshade D2

Alphasonik 1000HCA (Possibly saz1500)

All 1/0

Exide Orbital Deep Cycle

Damplifier Pro will be installed on all doors and on hatch and on the floor from the back seats back. I have more for rest of truck but probably wont have time to get it all on at first.

I want to be able to put up some good numbers on the TL so what kind of design you got for me? Should I do a slot port or aero? About what size box and tuned to what?

Thanks

3 cu ft tuned to 36hz with 3 4" flares?

That was going to be my exact suggestion :)

the only t hing is thats ALOT of air space for one 15 to compress for numbers....

Why do most people tend to run sub up port back then? Unless that's what you meant..

Why do most people tend to run sub up port back then? Unless that's what you meant..

Most people to it to hide the box more, and keep the box below the seat backing, as that would be classified as a wall. I also said it tends to, not 100% of the time.

Most people to it to hide the box more, and keep the box below the seat backing, as that would be classified as a wall. I also said it tends to, not 100% of the time.

You are right about the Wall classification, and hiding the box! But to get more into technicality you will find that low freq sound waves move a lot like water does in the essence that it will take the easiest path, naturally. So in facing "port back" the sound will travel up your hatch along the cealing and slam into your dash, and depending on the orientation of your port, straight into the tl meter. :D This works for hatch vehicles. Trunk cars on the other hand..... "A whole different kind of baby". :D

I hope that this helps in anyway.

;D