Sign in to follow this  
tezin87

DC LV4XL 10''

nice box..

Thanks, but I can't take the credit for this one. I gave some old jensen gear that was given to me to one of the carpenters my dad works with and as a "thank you" he offered to build me a box. So I gave him the plans from one of the boxes I built over the summer for my 10'' BL and he put it together for me and had it ready for when I came home from school for a weekend. Next time I go home I'm gonna build a 1.25@40 with a 4'' aero firing towards the amps.

Edited by KHARPS

It will be more like 38hz. The box is only 30'' wide and 1.25@38 needs a 4'' flared aero that is almost 17'' long. Any longer than that and the port will be coming pretty close to the basket/motor of the sub since it's going to be firing to the side. I'm pretty confident it will still pick up the lows well enough. Maybe I can squeeze a little more out of it and go 1.35@35 or so.

lol btw what happened to THE shade?

Sold it to natetate. The box I had the nightshade in was my old 10'' BL box with a couple baffles added to it to allow the nightshade to fit. This one has similar dimensions to the BL box.