Sign in to follow this  
ripper

Upcoming Shows in Illinois, bringing CA Back.

There's a shop in Effingham called Crush's that I popped into one day when I was bored. The manager seemed pretty cool. I wonder if they'd be interested.

i had heard that a toyota ( i think it was) dealer up in danville was gonna host a meca show coming soon.... i wanna say sometime in march... but not completely positive

it's not all about the sanction right now though. when it comes to Car audio in illinois, there really hasnt been much the past few years. the last i remember was a few shows in quincy for usaci, which ther eare 7 shows listed at the same place this year, a few local shows in springfield, and then one dbdrag two years ago. theres just not much going on in illinois with it.

Here are the rules, I am trying to keep them as simple as I can.

Street Class

1-160

161-250

251-500

501+

Street Advanced

1-500

501+

Truck Class

0-360

Trunk Class

0-360

Pro Street

1-500

Pro Street Advanced

1-500

501+

General Rules

1. 12v only

2. The maximum idle speed must not exceed 2000 RPM

3. Factory batteries must be located in factory location others must be safely mounted all others must be safely

mounted in cargo area.

4. If the vehicle is running during testing the parking brake must be set to ensure the safety of competitors,

spectators and judges.

5. In the interest of safety, Gorilla Audio Productions recommends the use of a remote control during competition

in all classes.

6. The competitor will be given a minimum of two runs thru the judging lane. The judge may, at their discretion

offer more than the minimum for an additional fee.

7. A competitor may not add or remove speakers during a competition. Once a competitor has registered for a

class and has been verified they cannot move classes.

8. The only person allowed in a vehicle during judging is the competitor.

9. Frequency cap is 80hz.

10. Any commercially available cd is acceptable. no burnt cd's are allowed.

11. The meter will be placed on the windshield 12 inches from passenger "A" pillar and 4 inches up from dash.

12. The sound system in the vehicle must be powered by the vehicle's charging system.

13. The maximum voltage allowed will be 15 volts. During the competition a voltmeter will be connected at the

power and ground terminals of the battery.

14. Pass is timed for 30 seconds with TermLab scoring system set to "Peak Hold".

15. There will be NO modifications of audio equipment if competing in the Street or Street Advanced class.

16. Hearing protection should be worn if competitor is in the car (hearing protection will be available from

judge)if competitor so chooses.

17. Pro's are considered anyone who works in the 12v industry

18. All doors, windows, and other openings to the vehicle must be closed. If a contestant opens his or her

vehicle during judging, their score will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the head judge.

19. All vehicles must be street legal (registered & licensed, with seat belts in factory locations, DOT approved

automotive seats, automotive glass in vehicle, brakes, lights, etc.). Street Advanced vehicles only need the front

driver and passenger seat belts.

20. Only aftermarket rubberized/asphalt type sound deadening materials may be used through out the vehicle, 2

layers maximum. Spray foam, resins, duct tape, or any similar materials used to increase sound pressure score

may only be used in the vehicle

If you could do one that is close to WI that would be sweet, we havnt had many comps up here either!