Sign in to follow this  
rumproast789

Screwed up on my port

I am almost done putting together the box, and someone pointed out that the opening looks a smaller than the other opening. I went out and measured it and realized that I made it 20.5 width from side to side of the port, and 22 length. It was supposed to be the other way around tuned at 33hz.

Will this mess it up too much? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

What would the tuning be at?

Will this lower or higher the tuning? will it mess with the sound too much? I knew I fudgeed it up... I'm so pissed

Btw, The length is of the top of the port. If you need, the sides go back 25.5, and height of 5.75

Edited by rumproast789

I don't understand what you mean. Can you post a picture or make a diagram or something? How many cubic feet is your box, what are the exact port dimensions (height, width, and length), and what were they supposed to be?

Did you just reverse the two walls of an L shaped port?

Here all. I'll post up the pics and provide a download for the plans, if you all don't understand after me explaining. My box has hte port on the bottom middle fyi.

Dimensions are:

44" width

27" depth

17" height

port:

top part of port (part i messed up with):

20.5" length

22" width

(thats what it is supposed to be)

side port walls:

5.75" height

25.5" width

Port opening, 22" x 5"

If you look at the pics, you'll see that the port is a little bit smaller than the front wall port opening. And that it doesn't match up with the opening inside of the box.

S7300142.jpg

S7300144.jpg

S7300146.jpg

S7300143.jpg

I have been told it won't make much of a difference, brace the port better (assuming the sides?), and to sand down both the openings of the ports.

Edited by rumproast789

Just cut out the inside opening so it is as big as the rest of the port. If that inside opening is smaller than the port dimensions, you are restricting the port.

Just cut out the inside opening so it is as big as the rest of the port. If that inside opening is smaller than the port dimensions, you are restricting the port.

Yeah, I trust you, I was just making sure there wasn't any other problmes that could come along.