Sign in to follow this  
rumproast789

crunch pzi 1500 at 1ohm help

the remote wire should be reading 12 volts. So if it's at only 3, something's wrong. But since you said even when you jumped the power wire to the remote it didn't turn on, that's not the cause. You said that it sparked when you plugged the power wire into the amp. Did you touch the power wire to the terminal or to the heat sink when it sparked? If you touched it to the heat sink the amp is toast. That's why you always have to remove the under-hood fuse before putting the power wire into the amp.

the remote wire should be reading 12 volts. So if it's at only 3, something's wrong. But since you said even when you jumped the power wire to the remote it didn't turn on, that's not the cause. You said that it sparked when you plugged the power wire into the amp. Did you touch the power wire to the terminal or to the heat sink when it sparked? If you touched it to the heat sink the amp is toast. That's why you always have to remove the under-hood fuse before putting the power wire into the amp.

it was to the terminal where it sparked...

and yeah I know i should have done that but I wasn't thinking when I was about to do it. My friend was like okay okay okay hook it up lets go!!! It worked for a little, still lit up after it sparked, but now it stopped lighting up, so i didn't think it would be the problem.

Edited by rumproast789