Sign in to follow this  
rumproast789

crunch pzi 1500 at 1ohm help

I have my btl, and I am borrowing my friends sub amp to listen to the sub because I can't afford an amp just yet. I am dying to hear it. It is wired at 1 ohm, but really .7 ohm (DMM). It says the amp is 1 ohm capable, but It goes into protect when I turn the amp on. What could be the problem, maybe its not 1 ohm capable? or the .7 ohm is too low?

they are 1 ohm stable i have two pioneer premiers on mine at 1 ohm the only time it went into protect mode was when i put the bass boost all the way up. try to turn the settings down on the amp if they arent already. if thats not the problem then the .7ohm load might be your problem. ive been running my amp at 1 ohm for about a year now and no problems it does get very hot though.

Edited by ML91

.7 is the DCR of the sub. The amp doesn't care about that. It only cares about the nominal load, which is 1 ohm. I assume you have a 2 ohm DVC BTL? What amp is it?

.7 is the DCR of the sub. The amp doesn't care about that. It only cares about the nominal load, which is 1 ohm. I assume you have a 2 ohm DVC BTL? What amp is it?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9621_C...PZi+1500.1.html

that amp

and yes the new dvc 2 ohm btl 18"

and oh, well i didn't know that made a diff lol.

i have some of the settings, but the knobs are stupid. Which way is all the way down? i thought it was all the way left, but isn't it all the way right on this amp? I want to have the gain on 0.2v not 6v, right? I tried setting hte sub sonic, and the lpf but i just woudl rather turn them all the way down for now.

Edited by rumproast789

when i put the gain on .2 it is alot louder than if i put it on 6 so i try to leave it around 2-3, and make sure the bass boost is all the way down as well. i actually have the newer version of this amp put i dont think anything would be different.

Edited by ML91

when i put the gain on .2 it is alot louder than if i put it on 6 so i try to leave it around 2-3, and make sure the bass boost is all the way down as well. i actually have the newer version of this amp put i dont think anything would be different.

isnt the one I linked too the newer version?

And wow, I have it maxed out then lol! I'll just go turn all the settings down

okay I turned down al lthe settings, tried playing the song with the car off had some dimming, so i turned the car on, and it didnt turn on. Idk, what could be the problem? It's really DAMN cold, so maybe thats it? its like freezing cold lol

maybe I hda the speaker hooked up?

it looks like this

+ + - -

I had the postive in the first + and the negative in the first -

wrong?

and oh yeah ml91, nvm.. I knew it would be more aroudn 750-1000 but I still thought it coudl work

Edited by rumproast789

so it works with the car off but not while the car is on?

no, now it doens't turn on. Could the temp have an issue with this?

hasn't been used in about a month or 2 or 3 lol.. but last time used, it worked. It is like seriusly freezing cold and has been sitting in the REALLY cold for a while. IT was in my friends car, so thats why it was cold. Michigan weather.. :(

Edited by rumproast789

i would highly doubt the temp because i have been running mine hard all winter in temps below 0

Yea i live in michigan also and can agree its freezing as fu@k but did you check all your fuses in your car....under the hood...and on the amp.

i would highly doubt the temp because i have been running mine hard all winter in temps below 0

Yeah, but its just been in the cold not been used for a while, where as urs was being used.

dang man... I really want to figure this out...

and I'll check the fuse under the hood and on the amp. I can't even pull them out of the amp...

I had a spark when connecting hte power wire to the amp, so i pulled it out and i realized I forgot to disconnect the battery lol... It wasn't a huge spark but I didn't think it would hurt it too bad

fuses on the amp are fine, and goddammit, the fuse under the hood is popped. It must have popped when it sparked, and the left over current in the wire made the amp power on but not play....

alright, well new fuse tommarow!

Should it all work after that?

Edited by rumproast789

should work perfect....I would definitely get a new amp tho...pound that btl...and btw where in Michigan you live and im guessing your in high school.

hopefully

let us know what happens

ok, one more question, how can i find out if its a 1 ohm nominal, do i just assume becuase its at .7 ohm dcr (what is that? )

should work perfect....I would definitely get a new amp tho...pound that btl...and btw where in Michigan you live and im guessing your in high school.

yep, GP area. I just can't make a ton of money, need to get a job or start selling a bunch.

you would have to get that answer from KU40 i have no idea about dcr

Dual 2 ohm coils should read like 1.6-1.7 ohms per coil when you hook them up to the DMM. So if you check them with the coils wired in parallel already, it should be about .7. But every sub that's dual 2 ohm and wired in parallel is 1 ohm at the amp.

Dual 2 ohm coils should read like 1.6-1.7 ohms per coil when you hook them up to the DMM. So if you check them with the coils wired in parallel already, it should be about .7. But every sub that's dual 2 ohm and wired in parallel is 1 ohm at the amp.

got it.

Okay update. I got a new fuse, little bit different, didn't seem like it went in all the way, but same fuse rating same type. Plugged everything up and it didn't turn on. I tried shoving part of the power wire into the remote turn on so its always on to see if it turns on (a couple members at smd suggest i try that) and it didn't turn on. I got 12 v at the amp, and 12v with the remote turn on (with the part of the power wire in it) and still didn't light up or play. With the remote turn on it didn't play or light up. settings all the way down nothing worked. This worked on my 2 previous set ups, i don't know why these wires wouldn't work. The wires were also originally installed with this amp, so IDK what happened. Help guys...