Sign in to follow this  
na_rsx

Just received my new headunit YAY!!!!!!

Well after much researching and debating, I ended up buying this headunit, and dont let the name brand fool you. From the information I gathered, this headunit is a beast and also a sleeper, has a crap load of features and rumored to have active capabilities. So I ordered it from Soniceletronix for $199 shipped, and it included the iPod adapter, installation accessories and free shipping. It has been out since the end of 06, and retail was $600!!!!!

So on to the pics, plan on installing it this weekend, and I will do a full review and a video review :D And I had all Pioneers in the past, from the 580MP, to the 880PRS, and lastly the 780MP. So i know what to look for and use.

Stock photos:

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

kdar8500_kspd100.jpg

My photos:

box.jpg

case.jpg

face.jpg

base.jpg

cd.jpg

congrats bro!

Hows come you don't use the same name over at ca.com mang?

Indeed, it is a sleeper. Surprised more people don't use them.

Seems the only difference between the 8500 and 7500, which I have is the active capabilities, the DC converter and you get 9eq to my 7.

I just couldn't justify all that, when I got mine for 120 brand new and couldn't find an 8500 for under 170 anywhere.

Enjoy.........again, lol!

Edited by Bigbangtheory

What does the DC/DC converter do?

Has something to do with voltage IIRC. Juan would know more about it though.

Honestly not sure, I just remember reading something like that in one of his posts over at ca.com.

It's internal amp is the strongest I've seen on a H/U

There is something about the voltage as well.

Honestly I am running a 4 channel Clarion amp that does 75rms x2 when bridged, which is plenty for my comps.

However, I do still run rear fill off the deck.......... Oh well the kiddies will have to deal with the lame sound, lol!

I will have my new amp soon. =)

I will probably run the smaller speakers off the H/U

Yeah, I generally use my HU to play rear fill. Use my 4 channel and bridge it to do that wattage I said in the prior post.

What amp you getting? The boner Sundown or AQ?

Sundown SAX-100.4

I LOVE Sundown amp. That Team Sundown thing is my SIG isn't for looks lol

That is going to be your highs amp I take it?

I know they are powerful and some use them on their SI subs, but most I would imagine use those on their highs.

I know they are powerful and some use them on their SI subs, but most I would imagine use those on their highs.

Yea it will be a highs amp. I want another soon though.

Edited by bassahaulic

Yeah, Stereo Integrity subs........the Mag and BM. Never heard of them before. Used to be huge around these parts.

Yeah, Stereo Integrity subs........the Mag and BM. Never heard of them before. Used to be huge around these parts.

I'm tired and was just confused.

holy off topic batman lol. yes this unit has active capabilities, says so on the chassis with a note attached to it. the dc converter is to regulate the power iirc, since the internal amp is very powerful, it draws power and can affect the unit if its not powered correctly.

well i finally got it turned on and wow, this is truly an elegant head unit. the gloss trim and face is amazing, the screen is clear and bright, my 780mp was super bright. the menu is easy to use, just a bit tricky at first. i played a song and i have to get use to the volume, since my 780mp gone up to 45, i dont know what this can do.

also certain tracks did not sound the same, actually not loud at all, then again i havent touched none of the settings. and the crossovers are disabled at the moment, since you need to activate it when the head unit is off. but i read through the manual and things are getting cleared. gonna play with it some more tonight. also i had a gltich, my battery died on my car and the headunit did not want to turn on, so after jumping it and resetting the radio, it worked and so far so good.

will post pi

holy off topic batman lol. yes this unit has active capabilities, says so on the chassis with a note attached to it. the dc converter is to regulate the power iirc, since the internal amp is very powerful, it draws power and can affect the unit if its not powered correctly.

well i finally got it turned on and wow, this is truly an elegant head unit. the gloss trim and face is amazing, the screen is clear and bright, my 780mp was super bright. the menu is easy to use, just a bit tricky at first. i played a song and i have to get use to the volume, since my 780mp gone up to 45, i dont know what this can do.

also certain tracks did not sound the same, actually not loud at all, then again i havent touched none of the settings. and the crossovers are disabled at the moment, since you need to activate it when the head unit is off. but i read through the manual and things are getting cleared. gonna play with it some more tonight. also i had a gltich, my battery died on my car and the headunit did not want to turn on, so after jumping it and resetting the radio, it worked and so far so good.

will post pi

Sorry about that. lol

Glad you like it!!

will post pi

i was thinking the sae thing about the music level i have the graphic set on mine and the sae issue i can out a disk in and it slams loud and clear than the next disk will sound like nothing i was wondering what was goin on i have had it in like 2 months.and its not as nice as my sh-77 the preouts are weak to the point in goin to get a line driver and it as hard to setup and i cant get mine to do that turn it off eq crap but all in all it looks ok just wish it had higher preout voltage but since it was like 159 new i cant complain...7 out of 10

i'll play with it more this weekend (wait that did not sound right lol), also if my battery is weak, will that affect anything, i mean certain notes hits harder than before, but most of them arent there.

help

i'll play with it more this weekend (wait that did not sound right lol), also if my battery is weak, will that affect anything, i mean certain notes hits harder than before, but most of them arent there.

help

it kinda hard.u have to literally sit in the car with the book and set it up.its not very user friendly.but once u get it u will be ok and becareful with the bbe and ccc setting thet tend to mess things up..

Well last night i spent a good hour with it, and finally got somewhere, turns out the gains on my amps where too high, so after resetting everything, and changing the front channels to HP fom FULL, it made a world of difference. One thing i cant understand is getting to the front/rear crossovers, i only get the Front HP/Rear HP/Rear LP if i activate the 3 way crossover network. But thats only to run active, with that turned off i just have a subwooder control, which is set to 80hz @ 24db slope, level on 1. So i might have to use the crossovers on my amp for the components. But how will i know if its tuned to 80hz when the knov starts at 40hz-240hz. Also the tuning on my amps i only under BP, and my crossover has FULL, LP, HP and BP.

But as of right now the sub hits harder than ever, holy chit does it push air. Now i just need my components to sound better then i will be set.

I hate the terms "hit harder,pound,etc" haha just venting :P

Nice HU

How does "sounds so much better" make you feel? lol I know before the settings, the sub was loud but not as loud as it is now. Will do some videos this weekend!!

I hate the terms "hit harder,pound,etc" haha just venting :P

Nice HU

How does "sounds so much better" make you feel? lol I know before the settings, the sub was loud but not as loud as it is now. Will do some videos this weekend!!

sorry pet peeve ^_^