Sign in to follow this  
jbob

SAX 100.2 issues

I was driving today and all of a sudden lost my mids. They were actually still playing, but were VERY quiet, had to put my ear right up to them to hear them.

My setup is an RF 3sixty.2 doing 2 way active (plus sub) feeding a pair of 100.2's and a 1500d.

So far I tried swapping the mids over to the tweeter amp and they work fine, the output on the 3sixty also works fine (I first suspected the 3sixty anyway.

The protect light isn't on, no fuses are blown and the amp still works, but is very quiet. If I bring the gain up the speakers get louder, but the amp is being clipped badly and the speakers crackle (they work fine on the tweeter amp).

Does anyone know of anything else I could try (oh ya, also checked RCA's, had an extra set in the car).

I'm guessing this will need to be sent in. I'm going out now to rig up an old deck and double check everything with a different source.

Thanks.

hmmm.......I was going to mention the RCAs but it looks like you are on top of your game. I would continue to try and trouble shoot, I would guess you have also checked voltage and what not when this is occurring?

Have not checked voltage as the 1500d and other 100.2 are fine. It started while I was driving, then later worked for a little while and stopped again. It makes me want to think heat, but I wasn't pushing it very hard, and actually rarely even do, and I hadn't been in the car more than 5 minutes. All the amps have worked fine since sometime summer 08 when I installed them until this one now.

I doubt Jacob will be around much in the next few days (CONGRATS! btw) But I'll email him and see what he says I guess.

Sign in to follow this