Sign in to follow this  
casedawg350

ohms

is 1 ohm louder then anything else? i was told this by a kid at school. if you need any other info let me know, im at a loss as to what else to say. haha. newb i know...

thats what i thought. but then i started thinking, more watts are rated at 1 then 2 or 4 ohms, so i wasn't sure.

1 ohm has less resistance than 2 or 4 ohms, so it would be easier to produce more power, therefore with more power it would be louder.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 ohm has less resistance than 2 or 4 ohms, so it would be easier to produce more power, therefore with more power it would be louder.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

thats how i was lookin at it...

Yeah, but that just has to do with the amplifier. You can get a 1000 watt @ 1 ohm amp and a 1000 watt at 4 ohm amp and you still have 1000 watts either way.

4 ohms pulls less power from the electrical system than 1 ohm, but if you can get 1000 watts out of an amp either way, it doesn't matter.

4 ohms pulls less power from the electrical system than 1 ohm, but if you can get 1000 watts out of an amp either way, it doesn't matter.

with the same amp it would but a class a/b amp compared to a class d, no. But then if you run the class d at 4ohm it wont produce the power it will at 1ohm

Yeah, but that just has to do with the amplifier. You can get a 1000 watt @ 1 ohm amp and a 1000 watt at 4 ohm amp and you still have 1000 watts either way.

The difference between the current pulled by an amp doing 1k @ 4 and 1k @ 1 is not usually going to be significant assuming that both are of the same topology and well designed and built.

The difference between the current pulled by an amp doing 1k @ 4 and 1k @ 1 is not usually going to be significant assuming that both are of the same topology and well designed and built.

Well I was reading something the other day....maybe it was on bcae1.com? Anyways I think it had some situation where it said like 120 amps @ 4 ohms, 130 amps @ 2 ohms, and 140 amps @ 1 ohm, for the same power.