Sign in to follow this  
Loud01Blazer

Question on running my 40.1 at .5 ohm

just got a 40.1 and am wanting to run it @ 1/2 ohm...this will be a daily/bass race set up. I'm running a 200 amp h.o. alt, optima yellow top under the hood, and 3 of the older hc 2200's...will this be ok? installing it tomorrow but wanted to get some input first.

just got a 40.1 and am wanting to run it @ 1/2 ohm...this will be a daily/bass race set up. I'm running a 200 amp h.o. alt, optima yellow top under the hood, and 3 of the older hc 2200's...will this be ok? installing it tomorrow but wanted to get some input first.

Those amps are built like tanks and preety dang effcient. You will be ok I think. But the only way to find out is to try it and see how your electrical holds up.

If you do, DO NOT TUNE at anything but exact Voltage/gain recommended

my ia20.1 was based for 34.5v at 0.5ohm(as me and my friend figured out) I tuned the gain up a notch above that..no bass boost, and that was the end of my ia20.1..funny thing it didnt even warm up as I felt it the last time before it rocketed out some smoke.

Only under certain circumstances.

It will depend on your box design. I have run mine daily at 0.5 for almost 2 years, but at one point I had my subs in a larger box and the 40.1's did not like it. They would go into protect at high volumes. Good thing is they go into protect before they get damaged. I have been told by two competitors that about the only way to hurt one is to physically vibrate it apart. If you bought one used, pull the back cover off and make sure none of the screws have vibrated out that are holding the board in the chasis.

Brian