Sign in to follow this  
Loud01Blazer

whats wrong with my 40.1??

ok so i bought a 40.1 from a guy on ca.com about a week and a half ago.. today is the first day i actually took the amp out of the box and hooked it up. as soon as i got everything hooked up, i triple checked everything before hooking the power wir(s) to the battery, everything was correct so i turn the key and POP there went the amp...it does that everytime i turn the key, the power light will come on for about a 1/2 sec then it pops and goes into protect. it pops on the end with the rca input's, i have NEVER had this happen to me so i'm curious what might of happend here. Anyone have any ideas?

ALso, where is the best place to get this fixed?

sounds like they sold you a blown amp, can you take the cover off and take a pic of the guts, check if anything burned, out of place, etc.

Before you do that you may want to get someones permission from ia. I know that that voids warranties through some companies.

i'm sure there's no warranty on it anyways, i'll be sending it to d-r sometime next week...

dsc02108h.th.jpg

pic is kind of blurry but if you look to the left of the pic where that chrome bar lookin thing is you can see some burntness, thats the only thing i could physically see that was damaged

Did you try hooking the amp up to just power, ground and remote turn on (disconnect the speaker wires and RCA's)? Maybe you have something wrong and it is just going into protect.

Worth a try.