gatsby

md2d.. Should I

Hey guys

I'm in a tough situation needed some advice. I'm changing my sub stage in my Nissan Titan Crew Cab to possibly (2) RE SRs 10's sealed. I currently have a Elemental Designs 9.2x. I was thinking of going with the MD2D or a Diamond Audio 1200.1 in place of my 9.2x but I spoke with Us amps tech support yesterday and they are rude as f@#k. One guy did not want to answer my question and they other guy kept sending me to the website for answers. So for you guys who have expirence with US amps what do you think of customers support and your product. I'm not a basshead by any means maybe more of an LOUD SOUND QUALITY guy but I like stuff that most people in my area will not have. As usual there is not a US Amp dealer in my area.

Any input?

Wow thats the first bad thing i've heard from US amps. I was just on the phone with them yesterday. What area are you in? I don't know what ohm load you were going to be running at but to me seems like the MD2D is a bit much for some SRs thats just my opinion tho.

When a customer calls me and wants me to lie to them and baby sit them for an entire afternoon I do get rude as hell. But on the same only cause I have to get out here and build woofers for every one of our customers.

I have dealt with U.S.amps a bunch of times mainly with greg and I have never had a problem.But ofcoarse dont expect to call people with jobs to do and have them spend hours with you. I also agree that a md2d is a bit to much for 2 sr 10" woofers maybe u should think of atlest an md1d.

When a customer calls me and wants me to lie to them and baby sit them for an entire afternoon I do get rude as hell. But on the same only cause I have to get out here and build woofers for every one of our customers.

I understand your point. However I'm 30 yrs old and have been in and around car audio since I was 14 yrs old so I don't expect lies from tech support. What I do expect is to get an answer to my question from a knowledgeable source without being made to feel I'm causing them stress. I too have better things to do besides sit on the phone all afternoon like making money to buy that subwoofer that your building. I have dismissed this incident as maybe a bad day for tech support and hopefully not a standard for the entire company.

I have dealt with U.S.amps a bunch of times mainly with greg and I have never had a problem.But ofcoarse dont expect to call people with jobs to do and have them spend hours with you. I also agree that a md2d is a bit to much for 2 sr 10" woofers maybe u should think of atlest an md1d.

I too have a job to do and I really do not want to be on the phone all day with them either. I'm not sure where this attitude comes from where I'm out of order for calling tech support to ask about some of the technical aspects of product that I'm spending my hard earned money on. I have three vehicles all with nice setups, and I must say i've never had an issue with Zapco support or sundown support hell they even encourage me to call with " good" questions or issues. i don't know maybe it's different a different corporate structure at US amps. I think the md1d may be a better fit for Srs but at the same time if I do not like the Srs I may change to something else and I wouldn't want to buy another amp.

I am Greg from US Amps. And I am sorry if I came across harsh or rude. I try to give the best support I can to every consumer and dealer. If you would like to discuss it further give me a call back and we will go over all of the options.

I am Greg from US Amps. And I am sorry if I came across harsh or rude. I try to give the best support I can to every consumer and dealer. If you would like to discuss it further give me a call back and we will go over all of the options.

Now here is some great service!

Hey Greg thanks a lot man. I will call you soon as I get back to the States on 5/8.

I have a MD2D installed in my tundra running two SR12D4 woofers and i love it Yes its alot of power. I listen to rock and also am using a very small sealed (1.5 ft for two 12's) enclosure. With this much power I can get the kick drum to sound like I want. For rap and bass music its overkill but isn't that what we all want anyway. I would be hesitant to sell this setup to someone who doesn't actually listen to there stereo. You know the type those that are more interestedi n hearing it outside the car. But for me it gives alot of headroom.

Also I have called the tech line at us amps many times and have always had all question answered. They alway gave good advice and were never rude.

Wow thats the first bad thing i've heard from US amps. I was just on the phone with them yesterday. What area are you in? I don't know what ohm load you were going to be running at but to me seems like the MD2D is a bit much for some SRs thats just my opinion tho.

i have an sr 10 in my room and im powering it by my QSC rmx 1450 at 2 ohm im putting 1400 rms to it and it likes it but its nice clean power.