Sign in to follow this  

OK. I know this is a HORRIBLE post and probably an open ended question...

I am wondering what can be added to my setup to make it better "overall"? I am seeing a bunch of stuff about things which i have never heard of and am currently researching a few different things to see if something might be missing. My main thing is the speakers or rather all the settings on the amp for the speakers. Last time i was getting ready to install my system i just turned the volume ot the max I would ever play it and then started screwing with the amp until it sounded good. IIRC i had it switched to HPF and then just started tweeking the freq. and such until it stopped sounding like ass and popping but I KNOW that probably isn't the right way to do it...?

I am not looking ot change anything as far as mids or amps but might look into some new tweeters... Mainly just seeing if there is a way to improve my current setup rather than buying new stuff...

Here is my setup:

1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

Clarion DXZ576USB

4) SoundStream TRC.6n's

Crunch P1800.4

Mach5 SPL15 5ft^3 net @ 40hz~

Memphis 4KW

4/0 power and grounds

Big 3 in 2/0

Ohio Generator 300A alt. with tiny pulley

pair of BatCap 2000's in the trunk (all 2/0 connecting those and going to the amp)

Lower box tuning?

Lower box tuning?

He is talking about his midbass...

Lower box tuning?

He is talking about his midbass...

Oops...

any deadening installed?

the entire trunk is deadened along with the trunk lid and rear deck. The cadillac had factory deadening on the doors and there is WAY too much stuff there to remove it and replace with something else...

The front speakers are in a "box" of sorts but it isn't completely sealed so i guess it's not really a box... IDK... Basicaly I mad some fiberglass pods and left the rear part of the factory BOSE box in place ... I will see if i have pics so may be it will make more sense...

The rear speakers are just sitting in the rear deck, used some 3/4" plexi I had laying around to make the adapter plates from 6X9 to 6.5" and a 1" tweeter...

Edited by k_schutte

here is the back side of the BOSE enclosure:

2004353746544466336rs.jpgw855.png

Here is my old setup (Eclipse Coaxials). just hacked the front of the BOSE enclosure to fit the 5.25" and the 3" fit in the stock speaker location:

2004345167568685531rs.jpgw855.png

uploading the new setup...